Week 9 GDT: Ravens @ Colts or something idk

AFlaccoSeagulls

Save as much money as possible and lock Lamar up ASAP because he's not getting any cheaper. We're not a bad enough team to get a better QB and quite frankly, I love Lamar too much to see him walk. I went through a decade of Joe Flacco-led offenses (some of you have been around long before me, so it's been even worse). To abandon Lamar and what he brings every week is just insane.

I get a lot of people on this board (myself included) were very impressed with Mekari in spot duty last year during the regular season, but he’s been nothing short of bad since that TEN playoff game. He looked really bad again today. Might be time to give Ben Powers a chance.

Bozeman and Skura looked bad today too tbh but at this point they’re pretty entrenched starters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I get a lot of people on this board (myself included) were very impressed with Mekari in spot duty last year during the regular season, but he’s been nothing short of bad since that TEN playoff game. He looked really bad again today. Might be time to give Ben Powers a chance.

Bozeman and Skura looked bad today too tbh but at this point they’re pretty entrenched starters.

He was good against the Steelers and their front outside of like a couple plays where he was overwhelmed... which happens to anyone against that front. But FTMP he was good with his pulls and held up well.

Also I’m not seeing where he stood out amongst the group as being somehow worse than the rest of the interior. Skura had more bad blocks from what I paid attention to and Bozeman also got undressed on a play where he was asked to go 1v1 with DeForest Buckner... which is really the only Mekari play that truly stands out as terrible IMO which was the Gus Edwards fumble where Mekari was overwhelmed. But Mekari made up for it with an excellent pull in clutter to be the lead block for Gus Edwards on that TD score on 3rd down that cleanly got the score.

But Boseman was culpable on the Dobbins play on that last drive where JKD was blown up in the backfield (not Buckner related) as well as another play (just can’t recall the result), that was Buckner related... this just looking at the highlights. Though Bozeman also had a great down block on that Gus score as well. 

That said, I’m counter to most on this. For going up against the Colts front 7, I think our OL performed well. They picked up stunts well when the blitz came. They worked well on double team blocks in the run game. They provided solid pockets for Lamar where he had enough time to throw it. They had a few collapses here and there, but against that front with Grover and Buckner, that’s to be expected. Grover was an animal with an exceptional swim move that caught both Mekari and Skura a couple times.

Also I’m not saying Mekari or our OL had a great game. I’m simply saying that considering the talent of their opposition, I felt they performed admirably. Not good, but an average to mediocre looking showing for them against an elite front 7 isn’t anything to be ashamed of.

Now I will agree that we’re missing a dominant interior OL player though. Someone like a Osemele, Yanda, or Mulitalo.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Save as much money as possible and lock Lamar up ASAP because he's not getting any cheaper. We're not a bad enough team to get a better QB and quite frankly, I love Lamar too much to see him walk. I went through a decade of Joe Flacco-led offenses (some of you have been around long before me, so it's been even worse). To abandon Lamar and what he brings every week is just insane.

ill bet 1000 ff bucks that Jackson doesnt gets a second contract with the ravens without winning a superbowl. This is the same old ravens team, the strengths are defense and running the ball. You can find a lot of QBs who can throw for 170 yards and no tds... 

18 minutes ago, paraven said:

ill bet 1000 ff bucks that Jackson doesnt gets a second contract with the ravens without winning a superbowl. This is the same old ravens team, the strengths are defense and running the ball. You can find a lot of QBs who can throw for 170 yards and no tds... 

Well, I’ll give you credit for making an appearance at least. Wifi finally turned back on in space?

Just in case you missed it while you were away last season, Lamar won a unanimous MVP in 2019.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Well, I’ll give you credit for making an appearance at least. Wifi finally turned back on in space?

Just in case you missed it while you were away last season, Lamar won a unanimous MVP in 2019.

he peaked to soon

2 minutes ago, paraven said:

he peaked to soon

So if this season if he wins a finals MVP, will you change your tune... or no?

edit: What does Lamar have to do to turn you into a believer? Usher comeback victories, win a SB, or is there just LITERALLY nothing he can do because you weren’t a fan in the draft process.

Edited by diamondbull424

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

So if this season if he wins a finals MVP, will you change your tune... or no?

edit: What does Lamar have to do to turn you into a believer? Usher comeback victories, win a SB, or is there just LITERALLY nothing he can do because you weren’t a fan in the draft process.

He cares more about his ill-informed opinion than the Ravens. He's not a fan, just a troll. 

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

He cares more about his ill-informed opinion than the Ravens. He's not a fan, just a troll. 

While I have half a mind to agree with you, I also know that @AFlaccoSeagulls used to be as virulent against Joe Flacco and many here believed him to be a troll.

However time has proven otherwise. Turns out he just really was not a fan of Flacco. Yet he goes to bat for Lamar on many occasions. Though will also criticize him on others.

That said, I do have half a mind to agree because at least AFS would own up to things if Flacco had a good game or something, which is certainly fair. Lamar won a unanimous MVP and I’ve still yet to hear a single good thing about Lamar from @paraven. Perhaps he really was away the entire time and actually had plenty of good things to say, only we couldn’t read them? I doubt it, but we’ll see. Time reveals all. If Lamar wins a SB MVP and he just disappears again until Lamar has a 4 INT day or something, then we’ll guaranteed have our answer then.