Week 9 GDT: J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS MNF

Deadpulse

Week 9 - Patriots/Jets  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are we better than the hapless Jets?

• Yes - we will win by 10+ points
    • Yes - but within one score
    • No - this ship keeps sinking
    • No - this ship is sunk, lose by 10+
  2. 2. Does Sony come back and overtake Damien's rush attempts?

• Damien starts, but winds up with less rush attempts than Sony
    • Damien starts and has more rushing attempts than Sony
    • Sony starts, but winds up with less rush attempts than Damien
    • Sony starts and retakes his main back status with more attempts than Damien
  3. 3. Cam Newton will...

• Put on the cape against a bad team (50 rush yards, 250 passing yards, 2 TOT TDs)
    • Be mediocre at best, keeping the S on his chest covered up
    • Be SF game bad (<100 yards passing, <25 yards rushing, 2+ INTs)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/2020 at 01:00 AM

I don't know if we can beat the Ravens with Lamar and that run game but we have a chance to slow them down by forcing Lamar to pass, but I don't know how we'd do that with one of the worst front 7's of all time. But after the Ravens game we can win the next 7 for sure. I still believe we have a chance at going 10-6, if not 9-7 it's just a matter of if that will be enough to get into the playoffs, need the Dolphins and Bills to start slippin up.

2 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

I don't know if we can beat the Ravens with Lamar and that run game but we have a chance to slow them down by forcing Lamar to pass, but I don't know how we'd do that with one of the worst front 7's of all time. But after the Ravens game we can win the next 7 for sure. I still believe we have a chance at going 10-6, if not 9-7 it's just a matter of if that will be enough to get into the playoffs, need the Dolphins and Bills to start slippin up.

Yeah, they're not beating the Ravens. 

I  thought we were gonna have a bigger win but I'll take a close win. Like that announcer said "If it weren't for a few mental mistakes by the patriots 'could be 5-2'." Cam looked great, with only a few bad throws. Myers looks like his favorite target. Defense looked bad for the most part. J. C. Jackson with another critical INT. He now leads the league in interceptions. Good game guys.

5 hours ago, jofos said:

I hate losing more than I like winning.

This.

Winning (unless it's the CG or SB) feels like doing your job, securing a bit of business or something. Quietly pleased and then move on.

Losing ruins 3 whole days.

Edited by Hunter2_1

1 hour ago, scottishpatriot said:

The Patriots only punted once with one more turnover on downs. I know the Ravens D is a lot better but if there are some turnovers or sacks to force a Ravens punt we have a chance if Harris is healthy and we have the scoreboard to maintain the running focus. 

And before anyone says it, I know I just basically described  how teams normally win games.  😆 Point is we have a chance.

thinking about it further, I genuinely believe this win was more impressive than we think. Guy is SO important to our defense. Without any other accomplished big body in the middle, Guy is literally so valuable to this defense. I didn't think we could win a game where the defense was missing both Guy and Gilmore. The middle MVP and the outside MVP.

I know it's the Jets, but I think with Guy and Gilmore, we don't need the last second to win.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

thinking about it further, I genuinely believe this win was more impressive than we think. Guy is SO important to our defense. Without any other accomplished big body in the middle, Guy is literally so valuable to this defense. I didn't think we could win a game where the defense was missing both Guy and Gilmore. The middle MVP and the outside MVP.

I know it's the Jets, but I think with Guy and Gilmore, we don't need the last second to win.

Agreed, and it is also possible that this was the Jets' best performance, offensively at least, with healthy WRs and Flacco slinging it like it's 2012.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scottishpatriot said:

Agreed, and it is also possible that this was the Jets' best performance, offensively at least, with healthy WRs and Flacco slinging it like it's 2012.

I really made no effort to look up some of the players on defense however I had no clue who was playing. I couldn't identify the plays by there numbers. I think we had two postman on the DL and couple schoolteachers at LB. 😁