New Mass Effect : N7 Day | Epsilon Teaser

Just now, Danger said:

I think it's worth recalling, Asari live for ~1000 years according to the lore, so Liara still being around but everyone else not being there could allow for a significant time jump.

And she was pretty young when this game took place.  But to @Kiltman's point, she does still look pretty young, not even close to the appearances of Asari matriarchs we've seen up to this point.  

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

And she was pretty young when this game took place.  But to @Kiltman's point, she does still look pretty young, not even close to the appearances of Asari matriarchs we've seen up to this point.  

I think she was like... 200? She could still be 500 there and have a 300 year timeskip.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think she was like... 200? She could still be 500 there and have a 300 year timeskip.

106, and I believe her mother was close to 1,000.  So plenty of room to play with.  We also know she had contact with Ryder and the Andromeda Initiative, so if they want to close the loop on that, they could do something where she has communications with them closing out the story (similar to how Andromeda had the recordings about Reapers and her conversations with Ryder.)  But again, she looks fairly young, so we might only be talking a few hundred years.  

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Think she was like early 100s. Yeah they can go like 3 to 5 hundred years into the future and it not really make much difference with her. 

Which is the way I wanted them to go. I could see them doing a prologue right after ME3 (day of to a couple years after) with Liara and set the galaxy as it is. Which leads up to the title card then the intro of our new character.

20 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Is she climbing a destroyed Reaper?  There is for sure one in the background, so it seems like Destroy was the canon choice?

Seems like it could be yeah. Missed the one in the back the first couple times I watched it.

Narratively I think all 3 choices kinda meet in the middle again depending how far you go out. Like the differences are doable from a design standpoint. Destroy is probably the best canon choice, just cause so many people wanted to take the fight to the reapers.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 11:59 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Is she climbing a destroyed Reaper?  There is for sure one in the background, so it seems like Destroy was the canon choice?

It's probably the "best" choice to make for canon. They can retcon some stuff. Although if they went with option 2 of "control", Shepard would/could technically be alive 🤔

57 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's probably the "best" choice to make for canon. They can retcon some stuff. Although if they went with option 2 of "control", Shepard would/could technically be alive 🤔

Yeah like that’s what the whole series was building towards, defeating the reapers. So it makes sense.

Plus if this is destruction from the final battle they are going over, there would be destroyed reapers regardless of ending choice. If they do let you pick how the trilogy ended; this place could look one way for Control and Synthesis - a group of destroyed Reapers from the final battle. For The Destroy ending they could just add a ton of Reapers in the distance, like this is where gravity led those that fell.

On 12/13/2020 at 8:37 AM, MikeT14 said:

I feel like after the disaster that was Andromeda, we will see many original characters return, including Shepard...if only to play off of peoples nostalgia and love for the original as to help sell more copies.   Doubt we ever play as most of the original characters again, outside of DLCs and mods, but I do think they will return to the roots of Mass Effect.   

4 hours ago, 43M said:

I feel like after the disaster that was Andromeda, we will see many original characters return, including Shepard...if only to play off of peoples nostalgia and love for the original as to help sell more copies.   Doubt we ever play as most of the original characters again, outside of DLCs and mods, but I do think they will return to the roots of Mass Effect.   

I think we will only see liara and maybe like... Legion.

No way sheppard is coming back