New Mass Effect : N7 Day | Epsilon Teaser

On 11/9/2022 at 11:04 AM, Kiltman said:

Think the best of both worlds still is set it a couple hundred years in the future. Bring back people like Liara, some of the Krogan who would still be alive. That way you at least get the races too that we all know.

One of the shortcomings of Andromeda was isolating the old ones and introducing such garbage new ones.

Really thinking they go with something related to the dark energy theory if they go that far down the road. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

https://kotaku.com/mass-effect-4-5-bioware-teaser-release-date-2029-1851009417 

During November 8’s Giant Bomb Game Mess Morning show, Jeff Grubb and Tamoor Hussain explained that, according to their sources, development on the next Mass Effect isn’t anywhere close to being done.

He then told folks to “do the math” and suggested that Mass Effect 5 might not ship until 2029. (That’s not a typo!) Yeah, six years from now. To be clear, the 2029 date isn’t what BioWare is planning, just how the timeline for development lines up based on Dreadwolf. It could come out sooner or later than that.

Hussain added that he’s heard similar, saying: “[Mass Effect 5] is so far away” that it is “in another galaxy right now.”

35 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Hahaha……wow.  I hate to say it, but if it’s 10 years after Andromeda, will a new Mass Effect even be relevant?  

EDIT: Don’t forget, they also have to coordinate flying in all of the voice actors, and have at least 2 different scripts for each Shepard.  If they get ambitious and try to do four voice options again…….that’s going to take longer.  That is why BioWare, when they did the story expansions for The Old Republic, didn’t do class-specific ones and made your character (whatever class it was) “The Outlander” 

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Hahaha……wow.  I hate to say it, but if it’s 10 years after Andromeda, will a new Mass Effect even be relevant?  

EDIT: Don’t forget, they also have to coordinate flying in all of the voice actors, and have at least 2 different scripts for each Shepard.  If they get ambitious and try to do four voice options again…….that’s going to take longer.  That is why BioWare, when they did the story expansions for The Old Republic, didn’t do class-specific ones and made your character (whatever class it was) “The Outlander” 

Slightly off topic rant coming....

What I get annoyed with these days and is that all these companies seem to care about anymore is graphics and making everything as pretty as possible.

While thats nice an all, it also takes up a great deal of extra development time.    I wish they would actually tone down the graphics and just settle in on making games that run smoothly and have good stories and stop trying to necessarily make them be massive in scale in as realistic as possible.     Technology has gotten better, yet game development time takes significantly longer....and in many cases, are not better than what we used to get with much shorter development times.

I was watching a video the other day regarding Hollywood movies, and they were talking about the number of huge budgeted movies that come out now compared to back in the 90s and 2000s.     Back then, most movies didnt have insanely huge budgets.    There were 1, 2....maybe 3 at most per year.   Now, its like 10 every year that have giant budgets, and he talked about how that has actually hurt cinema.

I feel like similar stuff happens in the videogame industry.    I feel like they keep trying to raise the visuals (on top of milking people through online modes and microtransactions), and do not focus on what actually makes games great.

/end rant

As far as Mass Effect....I lost interest in it at the end of Mass Effect 3.   Dont get me wrong, I will still play Mass Effect 4 and 5 if Shepard is back (even though I will be an old geezer by then...), but I would have honestly preferred they just let Mass Effect die after 3.

Honestly, the best thing they could have done IMO is, with the Legendary Edition, they should have COMPLETELY redone the ending and gave fans the ending they deserved when it first came out.

On 11/10/2023 at 12:12 PM, 43M said:

Slightly off topic rant coming....

What I get annoyed with these days and is that all these companies seem to care about anymore is graphics and making everything as pretty as possible.

While thats nice an all, it also takes up a great deal of extra development time.    I wish they would actually tone down the graphics and just settle in on making games that run smoothly and have good stories and stop trying to necessarily make them be massive in scale in as realistic as possible.     Technology has gotten better, yet game development time takes significantly longer....and in many cases, are not better than what we used to get with much shorter development times.

I was watching a video the other day regarding Hollywood movies, and they were talking about the number of huge budgeted movies that come out now compared to back in the 90s and 2000s.     Back then, most movies didnt have insanely huge budgets.    There were 1, 2....maybe 3 at most per year.   Now, its like 10 every year that have giant budgets, and he talked about how that has actually hurt cinema.

I feel like similar stuff happens in the videogame industry.    I feel like they keep trying to raise the visuals (on top of milking people through online modes and microtransactions), and do not focus on what actually makes games great.

/end rant

As far as Mass Effect....I lost interest in it at the end of Mass Effect 3.   Dont get me wrong, I will still play Mass Effect 4 and 5 if Shepard is back (even though I will be an old geezer by then...), but I would have honestly preferred they just let Mass Effect die after 3.

Honestly, the best thing they could have done IMO is, with the Legendary Edition, they should have COMPLETELY redone the ending and gave fans the ending they deserved when it first came out.

I mean, this was a franchise that had an MMO in early stages of development, and a TV show or movie was rumored.  And then Andromeda dashed all of that.  I’m still not sure why in the end.  Was it the same story?  No, it wasn’t, but it certainly didn’t deserve to get all of its planned DLC cut short.  

After BioWare made some other questionable game decisions :cough Anthem cough: it is possible that Mass Effect is a forgotten franchise if they don’t release until 2029.

I 100% agree about micro transactions and online modes, but sadly, those options are here to stay no matter what.  

• Like 1