2021 Head Coaching Prospects

Sugashane

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Then what the heck does you saying he can bring his whole offense with him mean. Yes, Tannehill getting there after he did was all on Tannehill.

It was sarcasm, dude. Read the room. My point is he'd come here without a top 15 QB, top 3 RB, good OL, and some really good weapons- Smith, Brown, Davis. His offense is fine, but I worry what it'll look like without those studs.

Edited by beardown3231

22 hours ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

Lions fired Matt Patricia and fired the GM.  If the bears were serious about a change they wouldn’t wait.

this also brings into question will Matt Stafford be on the Lion next year.  

And we want to follow the led of the Lions because?...

That is a terrible franchise who makes the same mistakes over and over again...the best ran franchises in football are the most patient ones...see the Ravens or Steelers...let's copy the good ones...there is 100% time to look at Pace & Nagy...midseason is not it.

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

That is a terrible franchise who makes the same mistakes over and over again...the best ran franchises in football are the most patient ones...see the Ravens or Steelers...let's copy the good ones...there is 100% time to look at Pace & Nagy...midseason is not it.

I agre for the most part but they are patient because they are constantly putting out solid play. Both have franchise QBs and make postseasons. Hard to find a reason to dump your HCs or GMs when they're doing well like that. Neither Nagy nor Pace are close to either of their GMs or HCs. 

That being said I am against dumping them midseason. Let them try to dig themselves out of the hole they dug themselves in to. Eliminate excuses for their failure. Even tell them they are on the hot seat. Nothing wrong with saying, "If you finish the season under .500 then both of you will be let go."

Edited by Sugashane

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Well, ummm...

There is absolutely no point in dumping Pace now. I'd consider dumping Nagy and promoting Pagano, just to see how the players respond to him. Heck, Fangio might be available next season as DC. Something to think about. 

Watching some of the TEN vs. IND game and I am even more convinced that Arthur Smith's offence would be excellent in Chicago...physical at every position and just able to wear down defences with that running game before using a ton of playaction...you use that style of offence in cold weather & on a bad field and you get such a home field advantage. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Watching some of the TEN vs. IND game and I am even more convinced that Arthur Smith's offence would be excellent in Chicago...physical at every position and just able to wear down defences with that running game before using a ton of playaction...you use that style of offence in cold weather & on a bad field and you get such a home field advantage. 

So basically go back to the 2000 Bears. Run the ball, play defense and throw on PA? I think we just need to keep trying to strike for a QB and let the offense fit him.

24 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

So basically go back to the 2000 Bears. Run the ball, play defense and throw on PA? I think we just need to keep trying to strike for a QB and let the offense fit him.

I think that's kind of oversimplifying things. I mean...take a deep breath. Don't you think so, too? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think the vast majority of the league would be better off playing this way, outside of the few teams with a good enough QB to run a more qb centric offense.

7 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Pretty much...the NFL is ever changing but a lot of the time that change is going back to what used to work...with offences having became track meets defences have became smaller and faster...how does an offence counter that change? Go back to trying to run them over which is exactly what the Titans are doing at their core...then they add in more exotic stuff off that base.

On 11/29/2020 at 4:29 PM, Madmike90 said:

This just isn’t true. You have 4 teams who have already started doing all the background work and prep. They can interview and offer a GM much sooner, which means they can move on to a coaching search sooner.

Smart teams fire midseason and get the process started.

What is the point in keeping Pace around? So he can put through practice squad paperwork? Champ Kelly can do all those things.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nads786 said:

If you have a non-elite QB... yes. But unlike the 2000 Bears you do it within actual talent at TE and WR like the Titans and you score a bunch of points.