2021 Head Coaching Prospects

Sugashane

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Pretty much...the NFL is ever changing but a lot of the time that change is going back to what used to work...with offences having became track meets defences have became smaller and faster...how does an offence counter that change? Go back to trying to run them over which is exactly what the Titans are doing at their core...then they add in more exotic stuff off that base.

I think there is some merit to this thought process. But like WindyCity mentioned we need actual WR and TE talent to really make this an offense that is top 10. The odds of getting an elite QB are very long (we should still target QBs continuously), however, this sets up any future QB for strong success..

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

I was watching the Eagles game last night and I see Wentz having quite a bit of regression with Doug Pederson as the HC. It seems like this offense is very hard to execute unless you have elite OT/TE talent and a very smart QB.

Wentz has regressed a lot but even still Philly has a decent OL and TE situation.  Better than Bears IMO.

A lot of people are speculating that the success of both Wentz and Foles had a lot to do with Frank Reich when he was their OC in the SB year.

Coaching matters 

58 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

How come nobody is talking about how Nagy basically called out the coaching staff and whole team yesterday in his press conference?

Man...I don't know how this guy is still employed...smh

The guy is delusional. "I suck at my job but we can't afford you all to suck too!". Laughable.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 11:30 PM, topwop1 said:

Aaron Rodgers 19-5 all time against Chicago. Wow I didn't realize how bad it was..

Man if only we had a QB to match...

At one point we had something like 86 wins to their 52 and they hit 100 wins before us. Unreal.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Wentz has regressed a lot but even still Philly has a decent OL and TE situation.  Better than Bears IMO.

A lot of people are speculating that the success of both Wentz and Foles had a lot to do with Frank Reich when he was their OC in the SB year.

Coaching matters 

People said the same thing about DeFilippo and he's done nothing of note since leaving Philadelphia.

IMO Wentz is another case where a young guy puts together some good but inconsistent play and people overrate him way too early in his career.

19 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I like Brian Daboll.

I will not be seduced by who someone works for again, like I was with Nagy, I am not interested in hiring the coffee guy of another great coach.

I would be good with Daboll...a fellow Canadian. Though if that happens you can sure bet that all the meatballs will compare him to Trestman, who mind you is an American who just happened to have his most coaching success in the CFL...but a lot still don't get that 😂

I'm not really focused on coaching at the moment tho.  The key is at GM..IF Pace gets fired.

If so then I hope Bears take a long look at Eliot Wolf.  This guy has been working in some good FO's over the years and his dad was one of the best to do it.  He also probably wants to stick it to the Packers for passing him up for Gutekunst.  We need someone in charge who is not only smart and that knows how to scout, but also who understands the Bears Packers rivalry and who shares the same hatred for them.

I'm hearing rumors that Bears are interested in both Mike Borgonzi of the Cheifs and Louis Riddick.  What that tells me is that they might be ok with letting Nagy return since both those guys know him pretty well.  That would be a mistake IMO, not hiring those guys necessarily, but keeping Nagy for another year just to save a few bucks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I would be good with Daboll...a fellow Canadian. Though if that happens you can sure bet that all the meatballs will compare him to Trestman, who mind you is an American who just happened to have his most coaching success in the CFL...but a lot still don't get that 😂

I'm not really focused on coaching at the moment tho.  The key is at GM..IF Pace gets fired.

If so then I hope Bears take a long look at Eliot Wolf.  This guy has been working in some good FO's over the years and his dad was one of the best to do it.  He also probably wants to stick it to the Packers for passing him up for Gutekunst.  We need someone in charge who is not only smart and that knows how to scout, but also who understands the Bears Packers rivalry and who shares the same hatred for them.

I'm hearing rumors that Bears are interested in both Mike Borgonzi of the Cheifs and Louis Riddick.  What that tells me is that they might be ok with letting Nagy return since both those guys know him pretty well.  That would be a mistake IMO, not hiring those guys necessarily, but keeping Nagy for another year just to save a few bucks.

2021 isn't going to be pretty.

Having the new GM come in and try and undo some of the cap and pick damage that Pace did and let Nagy supervise would be okay with me, not ideal, but okay.

We will be a more attractive coaching spot in 2022.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

This just isn’t true. You have 4 teams who have already started doing all the background work and prep. They can interview and offer a GM much sooner, which means they can move on to a coaching search sooner.

Smart teams fire midseason and get the process started.

What is the point in keeping Pace around? So he can put through practice squad paperwork? Champ Kelly can do all those things.

Name one smart team who have fired a GM & coach midseason?

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Name one smart team who have fired a GM & coach midseason?

Are the Bears smart for always waiting until the end of the season to make changes?  I mean they've looked like a dumb organization since 1985 regardless of whatever their policy is.  Time to switch it up.

• Like 1