2021 Head Coaching Prospects

Sugashane

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

If you believe they are researching guys right now then I have no issue with him sitting around filling an office.

I don’t think you can actually put your resources into it until Pace is out the door. No way you can do serious background work on guys and your guy doesn’t here.

Half these guys have worked together and share agents.

I'm pretty sure if the team doesn't quit / the McCaskeys aren't embarrassed, you'll see Pace and Nagy back next year.

One year left on Pace's deal, two left on Nagy's.

11 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

The team has already quit. 

Certainly the way it looked Sunday night. Nagy really had no business saying what he said considering the job he’s done this season, but what he said wasn’t exactly wrong either. 

Edited by Rodjahs12

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I'm pretty sure if the team doesn't quit / the McCaskeys aren't embarrassed, you'll see Pace and Nagy back next year.

I think that at least one of them is gone. Likely Pace. 

That seems to be all the buzz.

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Good teams don’t have to fire their GMs. Firing your GM is a bad not well run franchise move. The Steelers and Ravens fire GMs every 20 years.

What is the logic in waiting?

If you wait till January you can’t take your time. Other teams will be interviewing and hiring your guys.

By doing it now, you have 7 weeks to prep, interview and hire, instead of 2 weeks.

The no quality candidate argument is the most over used one in football. Do you think a single GM candidate cares that Pace was fired with 5 games to go in year 6 of his regime? Quality candidates don’t want this job because the cap is a mess, they have an over priced defense and no QB.

And have those franchises won every single year? No...but they stay consistent in their approach and everyone knows there job is safe until at least the offseason...

Again no candidate is interviewing before the end of the season regardless of if you fire someone or not because you can't make an official approach until that clubs season is done...and again that doesn't stop ownership doing the leg work now to identify new candidates.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

And have those franchises won every single year? No...but they stay consistent in their approach and everyone knows there job is safe until at least the offseason...

Again no candidate is interviewing before the end of the season regardless of if you fire someone or not because you can't make an official approach until that clubs season is done...and again that doesn't stop ownership doing the leg work now to identify new candidates.

There is a ton of work that needs to be done before the interviews happen.

You want the Bears, an incompetent franchise, to do that work in 2 weeks. I want them to do it in 7 weeks. My plan gives George and his crew way more time to do background work and to check references around the league.

You want the dumbest kid in class doing a huge project in less time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, G08 said:

I think you're 99.9% wrong on this one dude.

There's lots of buzz already that McCaskey is starting the process of changing things up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Does anyone really think that Pace and Nagy, if they are getting fired, care about the last 5 games of the season?

You think Pace wants to come into Halas Hall when the guy in the next office is calling around about his replacement?

No, I'm sure they'd rather know sooner than later if their fate has already been sealed, because like you said it gives them some time to line up their next jobs and all that.

2 hours ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

That would be a typical Bears move.  A half measure instead of the right choice of a clean slate. 

For all the failures, the Bears haven't really behaved in stereotypical "Bearsy" ways over the last decade or so. They paid multiple coaches and GMs at the same time, they spent a ton of discretionary $ on facilities. They're not being cheap or old school, they've just made a bunch of moves that didn't work out.  If the QB had hit everything changes;  more wins in 2018, better offense in 19 and 20, who knows how far they go?  Pace would look like a genius and we'd never be talking about Grasu or Burton. Nagy might have developed into a good play caller with a QB that doesn't give him jitters.  I give Pace a lot of credit for his moves, but he missed when it wasn't an option to miss.