2021 Head Coaching Prospects

Sugashane

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I am not a Jim Harbaugh supporter, but he is better than Nagy.

The only argument I see about keeping Nagy is that he has a great record,

Nagy: 25-16 regular season, 0-1 playoffs

Harbaugh: 44-19-1, 5-3

A problem with Harbaugh is he seems to wear out his welcome in places. He and the FO didn't jive at all in San Fran

4 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I don't know if this will make much sense to many but to me Harbaugh is a guy you hire only to try and continue keeping the SB window open with this team.

I wouldn't hire him if they decide to blow everything up and start a new rebuild.

I wouldn’t either.

But Harbaugh>Nagy, so if he is our only option we have to role with it.

33 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I wouldn’t either.

But Harbaugh>Nagy, so if he is our only option we have to role with it.

Ya that's what I'm saying. If Pace is allowed to hire new HC there may not be as attractive of a market for the job considering that it would Pace's 3rd hire and he will be on thin ice as well.

Enter Harbaugh.

If they fire both Pace and Nagy then I think it's a very attractive job.

12 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It is predicated on a very good OL and they have struggled with injury.

They are still 8th in the league with 28.5 ppg. That would take Nagy 2 games to score.

The team is 8th in the league. Not the offense. Their offense has been terrible this year and tonight's game against the 31st defense is another example of that. 

23rd overall DVOA (-3.3%), 19th in scoring per drive, 24th in plays per drive. And this is while having averaging the best field position in the league. 

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I think the only way that would happen is if they made a move in season and I don't remember the last time the Bears did a coach like that.

I don't want Pagano to be the HC, I just think he is a better overall coach than Harbaugh. Harbaugh won with a lot of elite players, like Nagy his W/L record is overblown IMO. Now that he doesn't have the elite talent around Michigan has been bad.

8 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

As much as I respect Pagano as a DC I want nothing to do with him as a HC. In the modern era, we need a offensive minded coach IMO.

Agreed, that's why my list was loaded with offensive guys.

That being said, just being offensive-minded doesn't mean good. I think Harbaugh is a mediocre HC.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I don't want Pagano to be the HC, I just think he is a better overall coach than Harbaugh. Harbaugh won with a lot of elite players, like Nagy his W/L record is overblown IMO. Now that he doesn't have the elite talent around Michigan has been bad.

Fair enough. I just don't remember too many elite players on that SF offense 

Defense yes..they were definitely elite.

48 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Fair enough. I just don't remember too many elite players on that SF offense 

Defense yes..they were definitely elite.

Mostly the OL  - Staylet, Iupati, Anthony Davis were all among the top in the league. Boone and Goodwin would both be our best player in the OL even if we were healthy (Daniels may still get better).

TE had Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker, later got Vance McDonald.

Gore was still one of the best power runners in the NFL, Bruce Miller was one of the best blocking FBs not named Neal. 

Crabtree was ascending and Ginn was a respectable deep threat. Had Manningham (before injuries ruined his career) and Moss both fill out depth. Got Boldin to be their number one. 

I mean we have them beat with ARob but that's it. Bleh.