2021 Head Coaching Prospects

Sugashane

17 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Joe Brady would be a clear #1 target, but I doubt he even returns the Bears calls, he will have his pick of teams.

Greg Roman. Brain Daboll, both have recent experience developing project QBs and building unique offenses.

The Greg Roman thing is kind of crumbling. Daboll is interesting.

• Like 1

Just now, RunningVaccs said:

The attractiveness of the job is a question mark: the next regime is going to inherit an expensive aging defensive roster, very little to build off of on the offensive side of the ball.  

Exactly and in cap hell. The big benefit is the draft picks, we have a first next year and from my understanding everything but a 4th rounder. This is appealing IMO to a new GM. Fire Pace and hire a GM and let him decide if Nagy is worth keeping or not. We do not have enough elite talent on the offensive side to compete. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Morgan sounds intriguing but he is a defensive background guy. I'm worried he might develop to be another Pace..a guy who's good at drafting defensive players but lacks the offensive vision.

We need someone that has an eye for offensive talent, specifically QB position.

I get what you are saying coming from an organization with a history of drafting solid QBs but who really knows how much involvement Morgan even had with drafting Russ Wilson or Josh Allen...who btw the jury is still out on the latter. He is playing well right now but I'd like to see consistently it over a longer period.

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Morgan sounds intriguing but he is a defensive background guy. I'm worried he might develop to be another Pace..a guy who's good at drafting defensive players but lacks the offensive vision.

We need someone that has an eye for offensive talent, specifically QB position.

I get what you are saying coming from an organization with a history of drafting solid QBs but who really knows how much involvement Morgan even had with drafting Russ Wilson or Josh Allen...who btw the jury is still out on the latter. He is playing well right now but I'd like to see consistently it over a longer period.

We will never know how much influence a guy has on one or two individual picks.

We need someone who has been involved in the process and at a minimum has the experience to call on.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

The attractiveness of the job is a question mark: the next regime is going to inherit an expensive aging defensive roster, very little to build off of on the offensive side of the ball.  

If they fire Pace then they should just blow it all up, try and trade the aging defensive vets for whatever they can and start from the bottom. Accumulate as many draft picks as you can and rebuild properly like the Dolphins did.

If Pace survives then I can see the argument for trying to salvage what is still there with the defense and take another run at it next year, albeit with an entirely new offense and coaching staff on that side of the ball, including HC.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

If they fire Pace then they should just blow it all up, try and trade the aging defensive vets for whatever they can and start from the bottom. Accumulate as many draft picks as you can and rebuild properly like the Dolphins did.

If Pace survives then I can see the argument for trying to salvage what is still there with the defense and take another run at it next year, albeit with an entirely new offense and coaching staff on that side of the ball, including HC.

What real HC prospect is going to come here to work for a lame duck GM, inheriting no offensive talent, limited cap space, and no QB?

This needs to be a fresh start with the time that comes with a new GM and HC working together.

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

What real HC prospect is going to come here to work for a lame duck GM, inheriting no offensive talent, limited cap space, and no QB?

This needs to be a fresh start with the time that comes with a new GM and HC working together.

Harbaugh Go Blue GIF by Michigan Athletics