thebestever6

Burning random questions!

@ET80 Josh McDaniels was an absolute disaster at gm Broncos moved on and made the playoffs the following year and then got Manning.

• Like 1

Just now, thebestever6 said:

I feel like qb classes like the last one a super rare lol that may not pan out. I mean I'm not even sure which route they take Lance Wilson?

I mean do they go back to back ohio state QBs? I doubt they'll be in range their d line will win them 3 more games alone

You got to think 4 will go top 10, max. That's the record, and I can't see more being taken top 10. Where are they? Currently they're in 3rd, so if they do get out of the top 10, they should be able to snag someone like Jones or Trask

Do the titans beat the rams in ot in that superbowl? Rams D was gassed lol. Some times I wish nfl did deal or no deal stuff show you what would of happened.

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You got to think 4 will go top 10, max. That's the record, and I can't see more being taken top 10. Where are they? Currently they're in 3rd, so if they do get out of the top 10, they should be able to snag someone like Jones or Trask

Dang 4 top 10 max?? That feels a lot of overhyped no? Are they that good ? 

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Dang 4 top 10 max?? That feels a lot of overhyped no? Are they that good ? 

No lol. But because they're QBs, it's possible. Lawrence and Fields are guaranteed early, then some people think Lance is up there. Wilson is a huge riser; I'd love for NE to take him if available. 

3 or 4 would be my hard prediction

Edited by Hunter2_1

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

No lol. But because they're QBs, it's possible. Lawrence and Fields are guaranteed early, then some people think Lance is up there. Wilson is a huge riser; I'd love for NE to take him if available. 

3 or 4 would be my hard prediction

BYU just terrifies me lol who's that dude in 07 that was like 27 that went high second?

What QBs were injury prone in college but shed the label in the pros I'm struggling to name some I guess Tua fits this category and it's a to be determined?

Chad Pennington injured in college same in pros

Wentz college broken wrist many oro injuries.

Mariota same

Was Philip rivers injured in college drawling a blank.

Sam Bradford same

colt McCoy same

RG3 same.

Sam Darnold,?

Stafford had a rejuvenation in the pros after getting mangled his first two years he's stayed relatively healthy. Idk if he got injured in college.

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

What QBs were injury prone in college but shed the label in the pros I'm struggling to name some I guess Tua fits this category and it's a to be determined?

Taysom Hill comes to mind...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That's a phenomenal one he went undrafted because of injuries he would of went first two rounds. Didn't he redshirt like twice?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Jake Locker was another negative example man he was brittle in college got taken to a hospital by ambulance

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

This is like reverse Cardinals lol and it looks much more idiotic. What Haskins get 4 games? Franchise QBs like Herbert and Tua past one and two in a draft are rare.

Keep in mind, he also got an additional year's worth of practice and coaching, and they had to make the decision to give him more time or not at the same time as they were making staff changes. You had a new head coach coming in, no experience with the QB they just took in the first round, the idea was likely to give Rivera and the new staff time to look at Haskins and a chance to evaluate before moving on. They may have learned quickly in practice that they didn't like what they saw, but figured let's see if he does better on gameday. And then the games confirmed the early negative evaluations by the new staff, so they made the early choice to end it.

Obviously it wound up being the wrong choice to stick with Haskins coming into the year, but I don't blame them for not wanting to pull the plug on a guy the coaching staff had not seen yet. It worked for the Cardinals, but they were also criticized pretty heavily for it at the time, and with reasonable justification, I think.

4 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

@ET80 Josh McDaniels was an absolute disaster at gm Broncos moved on and made the playoffs the following year and then got Manning.

To be fair, they only limped into the playoffs in 2011 because the AFC West was absolute trash that year. Going 8-8 on a last place schedule, winning the division by virtue of multiple tiebreakers, with a bottom 10 scoring offense and a bottom 10 scoring defense, is more of an anomaly than anything else. Like, they won 3 low scoring overtime games that year. It isn't like they turned it around in one year post McDaniels as much as they got far luckier. That team was still bad, pre-Manning. That was also one of those years where the Chargers were clearly, blatantly, the best team in the AFC West, but they were also the Chargers, so having the best point differential in the division by over 100 points just didn't matter.

GMs aren't overrated, the reality is just that there's still more luck involved in the draft than many ever like to admit. A great GM can still whiff, sometimes a few years in a row. A terrible GM can knock it out of the park for a draft or two. Sometimes GMs make fantastic picks only because the terrible bust they really wanted got picked before them. Sometimes everyone is incredibly wrong on a player and one guy just gets lucky because they threw a dart at the board in the 6th round thinking they were getting a pretty good gunner or a decent 3rd string QB. It's also possible for GMs to be terrible at one aspect at the role and great at others. You can be good at the financials but hit or miss as a drafter. Maybe you can evaluate NFL talent fantastically but you don't do as well projecting collegiate players. Maybe you yourself aren't good at all in player evaluation, but you're the best in the business at hiring and listening to scouts. There are too many variables, some dependent on luck, many that we just aren't privy to, but given the amount of power that position has in most NFL franchises, I don't think it's right to say they're overrated. Sometimes they're overcredited for a result, because most of what we grade GMs on from a fan perspective is the end result, not the process, but I don't think their importance it overstated.

Why do teams develop rbs on the practice squad???

I see it year after year in Denver none of them pan out and you're left there scratching your head.

I feel like rb is a position in the NFL where if you come in the league you are just naturally gifted or you're not.

Do you look at Mahomes the same way you looked at Rogers early in his career ?