Legend_Kenny4ever

Kyle Allen injury

Am I the only one that is disappointed in the defense for not injuring Daniel Jones in retaliation?  Eye for an eye, or in this case a leg for a leg.

20 minutes ago, skinsfan68 said:

Am I the only one that is disappointed in the defense for not injuring Daniel Jones in retaliation?  Eye for an eye, or in this case a leg for a leg.

Uh no.  I’m not going to root for someone to get hurt.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, skinsfan68 said:

That’s not cool! 👎

On 11/8/2020 at 1:49 PM, Legend_Kenny4ever said:

That almost looked like what happened to Alex Smith, this is unbelievable folks.  I can't find words on this happening to our qb's like this **** is crazy

It’s not the same injury. Allen dislocated his ankle and has a small fracture. Unless something crazy happens in the hospital, there should be no question that he makes a full recovery for next season.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

He looked good. Gotta remember just a kid QB too . He has to overcome this propensity to run away from pressure . All he needed to do was "step up" and Peppers zips on by- seemed to me anyway . ( I may have to rewatch it ) Seemed he retreated right into the sack . UGH !

Edited by RSkinGM

Sorry he got hurt, but it is time to move on.  He has been hurt twice in 3 starts and has not been spectacular.

I sure hope Rivera doesn't have the Jay Gruden-Colt McCoy syndrome and think that Allen could be something if he was healthy. 

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

He looked good. Gotta remember just a kid QB too . He has to overcome this propensity to run away from pressure . All he needed to do was "step up" and Peppers zips on by- seemed to me anyway . ( I may have to rewatch it ) Seemed he retreated right into the sack . UGH !

He was trying to step around Peppers, but Peppers's body (realistically, his ***) pinned Allen's foot and then Peppers's foot came up and clocked the side of Allen's knee. Not sure there was anywhere to step up to since Peppers came in low there.

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

Sorry he got hurt, but it is time to move on.  He has been hurt twice in 3 starts and has not been spectacular.

I sure hope Rivera doesn't have the Jay Gruden-Colt McCoy syndrome and think that Allen could be something if he was healthy. 

I think he’ll remain on the roster next year but hopefully that’s just as a back up and we draft a QB in the top 5.

6 hours ago, skinsfan68 said:

Yeah...no. I don't root for anyone to get injured. That's not my bag.

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s not the same injury. Allen dislocated his ankle and has a small fracture. Unless something crazy’s happens in the hospital, there should be no question that he makes a full recovery for next season.

Correct. This is more like Dak's injury.

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think he’ll remain on the roster next year but hopefully that’s just as a back up and we draft a QB in the top 5.

I believe his contract ends this year.  We can sign him as an exclusive free agent, but he isn't under contract.  Time to move on from Rivera's colt mccoy.

30 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I believe his contract ends this year.  We can sign him as an exclusive free agent, but he isn't under contract.  Time to move on from Rivera's colt mccoy.

You are talking like you actually will make this decision, you won’t. Sure Ron should move on from Allen, but I don’t think he will bc he & Scotty think at worst he’s going to be a good long term back up. 

Ron will have him on the roster. I’ll be 100% shocked if he’s not on our roster next year and I’ll even go a step further to say that if we can’t draft Lawrence or Fields that Kyle Allen will be our starting QB week 1 next year.

You and I can disagree with that all we want - I don’t want it to happen - but I think it will.

Edited by turtle28

I was liking the kids moxie and grit - his smarts and his arm.  I'm pretty down on this . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I was liking the kids moxie and grit - his smarts and his arm.  I'm pretty down on this . 

I liked his moxie, athleticism and his arm strength. I haven’t seen enough yet out of him as a QB to make me think he’s going to be anything more than a career back up. He was not ripping it up throwing dimes all over the field, he doesn’t seem to have great pocket presence as he often leaves the pocket too early when there is little pressure and then bc of his scrambling he’ll miss open receivers in the process - similar to the play where he got hurt - and he turned the ball over too much to be a starting QB. 

Sure he can improve on these issues and I hope when he returns to play here next year or somewhere else that he does, but it’s clear he still has a lot to improve upon if he wants to be a starter in the NFL.

As I’ve said for a long time - and E said when everyone was talking/ripping Alex Smith in the game day thread - most times the boring routine play and just not turning the ball over will keep you in a game with a chance to win or win you the game, and that’s what you want. I personally could care less about moxie when that leads to a turnover or two every game that a QB plays - like Rex Grossman - which thus far in his career Kyle Allen has looked most like to me.

Edited by turtle28