Sign in to follow this  
Louis Friend

Da Tank Thread

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'd still take Tua over Herbert.  And agree I'd probably rather have Herbert than Okudah at this point.  I am not so high on the QBs this year other than Lawrence and Fields. If they are gone, go BPA on DL or LB and build the defense. 

I used Herbert because people’s opinions on him were WIDELY varied whereas Tua’s weren’t.  People agreed Herbert would be a first round quarterback and possible top 10 pick but every mock draft posted that had him going to this team or that team was met with scrutiny because no one seemed to feel he was a franchise changing quarterback. This seems to be the case now with any quarterback in this class outside of Lawrence and Fields. Do you not feel like any of the quarterbacks outside of these two are first round quarterbacks?

47 minutes ago, skhurst0398 said:

I used Herbert because people’s opinions on him were WIDELY varied whereas Tua’s weren’t.  People agreed Herbert would be a first round quarterback and possible top 10 pick but every mock draft posted that had him going to this team or that team was met with scrutiny because no one seemed to feel he was a franchise changing quarterback. This seems to be the case now with any quarterback in this class outside of Lawrence and Fields. Do you not feel like any of the quarterbacks outside of these two are first round quarterbacks?

They might be for a team desperate for a QB. But I’d rather keep Stafford than take a flier on one of the others.  I get what you’re saying, just not the route I’d go when you have a solid QB already.  And that may change as the process moves along but as of now, I don’t want any of them in the first.