Jump to content
MikeT14

Alex Smith is the starter moving forward

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

 

 

Except that the Giants are terrible and we got swept by them.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Except that the Giants are terrible and we got swept by them.  

Someone said it somewhere though (I think in the Eagles forum), Alex Smith is probably the best starting QB in the division. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Someone said it somewhere though (I think in the Eagles forum), Alex Smith is probably the best starting QB in the division. 

1Jj9.gif 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Except that the Giants are terrible and we got swept by them.  

It’s sad we aren’t undefeated in the division. Honestly what unicorn died or holy Indian burial ground did we put this stadium on that is keeping this nightmare of a QB rollercoaster going? The team flipped a switch and clearly showed they were the tougher team. Idc how bad people think our line is a great QB makes up for a lot and we can keep drafting and hitting elsewhere but without a QB we have 0.

This class is shaping up so there’s really no reason not to come away with two. develop them then trade one. There’s nothing like competition to get the most out of a roster. You think Chase isn’t having a better rookie season working against Trent this year instead of Christian? I’m not saying take 2 to just take two I’m saying if you get your guy but a guy you like falls scoop him too. Nobody that believes in themselves is worried about anyone else taking their spot. I’d take 2 if that scenario presented itself

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Someone said it somewhere though (I think in the Eagles forum), Alex Smith is probably the best starting QB in the division. 

I thought winning off the field ended with Bruce Allen.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Someone said it somewhere though (I think in the Eagles forum), Alex Smith is probably the best starting QB in the division. 

I still think Wentz is the best starting QB currently starting in the division. Wentz’s problem is his OL is beat up as much as the Cowboys OL, so they have no threat of a running game, his top 3 receiving options are hurt and bc he’s missing all that talent around him he’s pressing and trying to do too much instead of just making more routine plays with the occasional splash play which he’s capable too to win them the game. Wentz is capable of being better than he’s played the first half of the year and I expect him to play better the second half of the year and the Eagles to win 7 or 8 games and win the division.

I still think at best we win 5 games, but I’m not even sure we get that many wins no matter if it’s Alex or Dwayne who’s starting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

It’s sad we aren’t undefeated in the division. Honestly what unicorn died or holy Indian burial ground did we put this stadium on that is keeping this nightmare of a QB rollercoaster going? The team flipped a switch and clearly showed they were the tougher team. Idc how bad people think our line is a great QB makes up for a lot and we can keep drafting and hitting elsewhere but without a QB we have 0.

This class is shaping up so there’s really no reason not to come away with two. develop them then trade one. There’s nothing like competition to get the most out of a roster. You think Chase isn’t having a better rookie season working against Trent this year instead of Christian? I’m not saying take 2 to just take two I’m saying if you get your guy but a guy you like falls scoop him too. Nobody that believes in themselves is worried about anyone else taking their spot. I’d take 2 if that scenario presented itself

I’d consider taking two QBs like we did in 2012 with RG3 & Kirk, but it has to be similar picks to that year. We need to take a QB in the top 10. Then, if a QB falls to the mid rounds and we think they are the best player on the board we should take them just like we did with Kirk.

So, I’m talking like a 4th round or later selection at QB after we’ve taken who we think will be our franchise QB for the next decade plus in the top 10.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've sat on this for the better part of a week.  

What's changed?  Absolutely nothing.  We have two wins, which is more than we had since Kyle Allen started.  Despite Alex Smith putting up yards against a terrible defense, we still lost the game.  I mean, Dwayne Haskins puts up yards against a good defense and he gets benched, so I haven't got a clue what's going on.  

Haskins had to have done something so bad that it's not being leaked.  Which is odd considering how many leaks this organization actually has.  Because if we are benching him because he was happy about putting up 300 yards against the Ravens, well, the incompetence has not left this organization.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I've sat on this for the better part of a week.  

What's changed?  Absolutely nothing.  We have two wins, which is more than we had since Kyle Allen started.  Despite Alex Smith putting up yards against a terrible defense, we still lost the game.  I mean, Dwayne Haskins puts up yards against a good defense and he gets benched, so I haven't got a clue what's going on.  

Haskins had to have done something so bad that it's not being leaked.  Which is odd considering how many leaks this organization actually has.  Because if we are benching him because he was happy about putting up 300 yards against the Ravens, well, the incompetence has not left this organization.  

 

 

I'm not ruling out Haskins is inactive behind Montez being #2....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

 

 

I'm not ruling out Haskins is inactive behind Montez being #2....

Nope, not at all.  I wasn't even a true Haskins supporter as far as a new coach coming in- he definitely had a year to prove himself- but he's got to get more than the first couple games of the year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

 

 

I'm not ruling out Haskins is inactive behind Montez being #2....

Its obvious at this point he did something to piss off Rivera, and Rivera isn't going to come out and say what that was.  Lets just move on I'm sick of talking about this guy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to just cut Haskins and be done with it. This whole situation is so stupid. I thought we were done with this kind of stuff? Just cut him, elevate Montez and move on. It’s obvious we’re drafting a QB so this whole thing is dumb. 

Edited by lavar703

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Lets just move on I'm sick of talking about this guy.  

300px-James_Franco_First_Time.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2020 at 7:50 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Shades of Shanny with John Beck. 

John Beck was not starter worthy, Alex has been a starter in the league since 2005 or 2006. That's not a good comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...