The Great Debate: Sam Darnold vs Josh Rosen

Scout

Better NFL QB?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Better NFL QB?

• Sam Darnold
    • Josh Rosen

Rosen reminds of Jay Cutler as far as arm talent. Everything looks perfect. Footwork, delivery, velocity, spiral.......then it goes straight to the defender.

But Eli is my closest comp for him right now on the field. Similar body type/language/mobility. He's streaky and can look like a future championship QB and #1 overall lock, then just start looking like .."WTH is he doing?"

Just now, BrownLeader said:

Rosen reminds of Jay Cutler as far as arm talent. Everything looks perfect. Footwork, delivery, velocity, spiral.......then it goes straight to the defender.

But Eli is my closest comp for him right now on the field. Similar body type/language/mobility. He's streaky and can look like a future championship QB and #1 overall lock, then just start looking like .."WTH is he doing?"

The thing is...even if he's Eli...that's worth a number one overall pick pretty easily. 

I prefer Rosen. Darnold just scares me for whatever reason. It is probably the turnover issues he has had, or maybe I just haven't seen enough of him, but he just doesn't look ready to play in the NFL yet. I hope he stays another year, as he obviously has massive talent, but I am not sure if he will ever be able to put that talent together. To me, Rosen has it all physically, and he has some of the mentality down already. He has shown he can lead a comeback and that he can command his offense. Obviously he isn't perfect, and he sounds like he is hard to work with, but I think he is more likely to at least be a good QB in the NFL than Darnold is at the moment.

Archived