BDL 2020 Week 9 - Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Antarctica Katabatic Beasts

Ragnarok

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Williamsport Soul Reavers
    • Antarctica Katabatic Beasts

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2020 at 05:00 AM

Mistakes were made on both sides of this matchup, but I really, really hate Antartica's decision to go heavy up front against a pass-heavy attack and only play with one safety. Especially given the witchcraft that was Olamide Zaccheus this week.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 5:47 PM, Ragnarok said:

Our goal is run with Henry at least 25 times in this game. We will also use Gore and Jones to help keep Henry fresh, with Henry and Gore we will run mostly straight ahead whole using Jones along the edges in the middle but we will also sprinkle in some offtackle runs with Henry.

@Blue that is run heavy not pass heavy.  That is like 40+ run plays.  

I just don't see Moore, reagor and zaccharus having success against Antartica. Unfortunately ww left Gallup off the roster in a pretty large error 

Luckily for Antartica they had two extra on lineman on the bench as they both have to play. For some reason ww doesn't think they have a LT when they have two (Robinson and Bulaga, the latter of which only gets two or three series in this game after reaggravating his injury).  Ww also did not account for Chris Godwin.  Just too many errors here to not take Antartica 

This is a tough one. With Godwin and AB not being accounted for, it's tough to see what would happen in a passing situation with the Williamsport defenders running with their WR assignments and WW keeps blitzing from Jackson's left allowing him to run to his natural throwing side, his right. It could lead to easy completions on that side of the field or big gains from Jackson. With AKB keeping a jumbo set in at times, that could also serve to deflate blitzes from that side. 

Conversely, Josh Sweat and Frank Clark are not built to be 3-4 DE's. If you have 3-4 DE's who can't 2 gap, what is the purpose of running that formation? Because it seems like a recipe for disaster against a power run game like Williamsport, especially when the plan is to spread them out. Gotta take Williamsport, but the game plans were both well done.

13 hours ago, Jlash said:

Conversely, Josh Sweat and Frank Clark are not built to be 3-4 DE's. If you have 3-4 DE's who can't 2 gap, what is the purpose of running that formation? Because it seems like a recipe for disaster against a power run game like Williamsport, especially when the plan is to spread them out.

This was a glaring issue for me too and Antarctica is playing with one safety in its base formations. It’s a major red flag for me.

Edited by MD4L

In a weird way although I like both defenses, I can see a bit of shoot out going on with Henry and Lamar’s trio of weapons making this an entertaining game. Ultimately, I do think the lineup issues for Williamsport hurts their PAP game, and Antarctica comes through with a surprise victory at home.

Lots of oddities in this one, playing a light 34 against Henry is suicide, even against that "O line."  Think Derrick has a big day, but Ben probably comes under serious pressure in passing situations.  Sloppy with Ridley out and Gallup not listed, can't make those mistakes at this stage of the season. 

Just when I thought The KBs couldn't be any dumber, they totally redeem themselves with the Jumbo 3 WR set, I love it for Lamar and his weapons.  WSR has a very good defense overall and think they can limit its overall effectiveness, but there will be plenty of success for Antarctica.  I think this game is close, but Antarctica does enough good to take advantage of WSR's not best effort to get a win at home.