Sign in to follow this  
doumeyer

2020 0-8 JETS vs the 1-15 1996 JETS WHO IS WORST ?

The 2020 Jets are averaging 11.8 points a game and are giving up 29.8 points a game This stats tells the whole story

The 1996 jets  average  17 points a game and gave up 28 points a game

QB;s 

2020 Jets  Sam Darnold  turning into another SO CAL bust

1996 Frank Reich & Neil O'Donnell  just ok qb's but will not take you to the playoffs

RB

2020 Jets Bell & F Gore   Bell was a total bust.

1996 Jets  Adrian Merrell  very productive player

WR

2020 Jets  Crowder very good all the rest including all our TE's suck

1996 Jets A young Keyshawn Johnson a young Wayne Chrebet future stars

COACHING

2020  Adam Gase, For a guy who was supposed to be this great offensive  mind, he is a total failure

1996  Rich Kotite This guy was lost since the first day he put the heat set on.

Outside of Mekhi Becton & Marcus Maye and Maybe Mims we have no other young future stars

There is not doubt in my mind the 2020 Jets are the worst team in our history

I SAY THE 2020 Jets are the worst in JET history.

• Like 1

The 1996 team was supposed to be decent so they are worse. This 2020 Jets team has legit not a single really good player on it. Becton might be one day, Williams might be a quality starter and we have hopes for Mims but there has been next to zero evidence of it. We are legit trying to bottom out this year and it needs to happen. The 1996 team brought in a QB who was starting in the super bowl the year before. 

8 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

The 1996 team was supposed to be decent so they are worse. This 2020 Jets team has legit not a single really good player on it. Becton might be one day, Williams might be a quality starter and we have hopes for Mims but there has been next to zero evidence of it. We are legit trying to bottom out this year and it needs to happen. The 1996 team brought in a QB who was starting in the super bowl the year before. 

I was so shock by the 11.8 points per game i forgot about Q Williams he is a future star.

Just now, doumeyer said:

I was so shock by the 11.8 points per game i forgot about Q Williams he is a future star.

yeah our offense isnt watchable what so ever. I almost dont even care who worse, I just want this season to be over and winless. 

It is hard to believe but the Jets are not the worst offensive in the history of the NFL averaging 11.8 points per game, the 1977  Tampa Bay Buc average only 7.8 point a game. Records are meant to be broken and we still have eight games to go. with our offensive genius HC Gase, we still have a change to beat TB Buc out for the worst offensive of all times.

At least the 1996 team had young talent on offense. Key, Chrebet, Murrell all were good players for us and it shows the following year when we went 9-7. 

But I think we all know the reason for that awful 1996 season was just bad QB play from 3 QBs. It was actually amazing to me that we went 9-7 a year later with Neil still at QB.

Where this franchise took it to the next level was in 98 (my favorite Jets team ever) and we added Vinny and Curtis. And that's what made us a great franchise for that short period of time. 

Bill Parcells changed us in 1997. There's no Parcells to save us this time around. We have to find a different avenue to save us.

41 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

At least the 1996 team had young talent on offense. Key, Chrebet, Murrell all were good players for us and it shows the following year when we went 9-7. 

But I think we all know the reason for that awful 1996 season was just bad QB play from 3 QBs. It was actually amazing to me that we went 9-7 a year later with Neil still at QB.

Where this franchise took it to the next level was in 98 (my favorite Jets team ever) and we added Vinny and Curtis. And that's what made us a great franchise for that short period of time. 

Bill Parcells changed us in 1997. There's no Parcells to save us this time around. We have to find a different avenue to save us.

What you say is true especially about Parcells, I think our problem is everybody is unsure how the 2021 offseason in going to work out, those first five picks we have in the draft will determine  our future, And we have no idea what kind of personnel moves that will be made before and after the draft.

Edited by doumeyer

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes there is. There is a guy out there that is kind of like Parcells who is a proven winner and demands respect. That guy is Jim Harbaugh. He can come in and change things around VERY fast. He made Kaep look like a star and he sucks. He should be number 1 on our wish list for HC. 

48 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

What you say is true especially about Parcells, I think our problem is everybody is unsure how the 2021 offseason in going to work out, those first five picks we have in the draft will determine  our future, And we have no idea what kind of personnel moves that will be made before and after the draft.

Every rebuild isn't the same. So it's hard to take that 96 team and this team and say we need to do this and that to make the 2021 and 2022 team good. We had a lot more pieces in place then with Key and Chrebet young and starting to hit their prime. And got lucky technically with Parcells wanting to take that challenge. And that in turn led to us being able to get Curtis and Vinny here. And that led to a few good years for us. 

This rebuild will have to involve a few things. Hiring the right HC. Getting the right QB. And getting weapons.