MortexLion

Lion's Need GM and HC?

13 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Fans when players say something supportive of Patricia: "Of course they're going to say that."

Fans when players say something negative of Patricia: "EvEn ThE pLaYeRs KnOw!"

People tend to protect their own self interests.

It's in a players self interest to speak well of their coach. They have direct control over their career and legacy.

When people go against the norm and speak against their own self interests, it's noteworthy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MortexLion said:

Josh McDaniels FOR HC BABY! LETS GO!

Good luck with that...JM didn't want to go to Cleveland, and they have far more talent...Just saying...

On 11/12/2020 at 8:48 AM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

... but they make large amounts of money by keeping the franchise. I don't think they need the payday when they can just sit back and let the organization continue to make them money each year.

Revenue for 2019 was $400+ million. 

It's short sighted to think "oh, I can get $2B NOW for this asset" when you can sit on the asset for 5 yrs, and have $2B AND the asset. The second version is how the wealthy think. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MortexLion said:

Josh McDaniels FOR HC BABY! LETS GO!

Yeah, the last time you guys went to the Patriots well for a smug jerkoff it went great

On 11/28/2020 at 9:09 PM, beardown3231 said:

Yeah, the last time you guys went to the Patriots well for a smug jerkoff it went great

Zero interest in this move, agreed. I don't see how fans, watching what he did before, would want to even get near the guy

Edited by DrRay11

26 minutes ago, DrRay11 said:

Zero interest in this move, agreed. I don't see how fans, watching what he did before, would want to even get near the guy

I thought the comment was sarcastic...

• Like 2

On 11/28/2020 at 7:37 PM, Mr Bad Example said:

Revenue for 2019 was $400+ million. 

It's short sighted to think "oh, I can get $2B NOW for this asset" when you can sit on the asset for 5 yrs, and have $2B AND the asset. The second version is how the wealthy think. 

Unfortunately revenue is not used in valuation, its net profit.  their operating income was $73M last year which is revenue less expenses.  That means it would take 27 years to be in the situation you are talking about. That is a 3% gain on their investment, which is rather low.  Add in that the value of the team likely increased some and they are probably sitting at around 5/6% return, which is still relatively low but is safer than the stock market.  So that is likely why they don't sell, because unless the NFL folds, their investment likely won't lose value.