The Good, the Bad and the Ugly vs. that LA team

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Bad: Why hasn't Johnson been playing the thought was him and Arnette would compete to play opposite Mullens, it took injuries to get his shot.

Your right Johnson does deserve to be getting more snaps.... absolutely.

but honestly the second half of the season is when it was expected he’d hit the field.  He was a physically talented draft pick who lacked refined technique due to only 2 years of CB in college.... then missed almost the entire rookie season with a broken face.  Plus, we have depth and veterans like Lawson so he wasn’t going to be thrust into the field.  He would need to prove it to the coaches he was ready.

Im not saying this in anyway to disagree with you.  Im actually agreeing with you: Isaiah Johnson needs to play more.  But I think he’s probably best served being slowly brought in when matchups are favorable.  I’d play him against bigger WRs.... not tiny speedsters.  Grow his confidence, like happened today, and in time he could be a starter or 3rd CB (arnette can play slot CB)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

DC is a top 5 AFC QB.... my Man put us in position to win again. Gruden needs to figure out how to use Jacobs and Ruggs better. I know both those guys would be producing more on other teams. We have the talent, playoffs are right there 

I agree.... spot on.  We’re not using Ruggs and Jacobs effectively right now.  Especially Ruggs.  If we want to make the playoffs we need to have better coaching and utilization of talent.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Your right Johnson does deserve to be getting more snaps.... absolutely.

but honestly the second half of the season is when it was expected he’d hit the field.  He was a physically talented draft pick who lacked refined technique due to only 2 years of CB in college.... then missed almost the entire rookie season with a broken face.  Plus, we have depth and veterans like Lawson so he wasn’t going to be thrust into the field.  He would need to prove it to the coaches he was ready.

Im not saying this in anyway to disagree with you.  Im actually agreeing with you: Isaiah Johnson needs to play more.  But I think he’s probably best served being slowly brought in when matchups are favorable.  I’d play him against bigger WRs.... not tiny speedsters.  Grow his confidence, like happened today, and in time he could be a starter or 3rd CB (arnette can play slot CB)

I like playing him against some of those receiving tight ends as well

31 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

DC is a top 5 AFC QB.... my Man put us in position to win again. Gruden needs to figure out how to use Jacobs and Ruggs better. I know both those guys would be producing more on other teams. We have the talent, playoffs are right there 

Can you imagine if we would have moved on from him this offseason like so many on here were wanting?  Let's say that he would have ended up on the Bears, they would be a legit SB contender with Carr.  I'm very glad we were right about Carr, he is balling out and he is playing ball like I knew he would.  Top 5 in the AFC without a doubt, he's balling right now!

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’m high on Johnson after this game. He looked the part... Kwit was clutch too 

The signing of Kwit has been one of our better signing that most people are not talking about.  Blue collar, lunch pail type who brings it game in and game out. 

He is smart and the anchor in the middle of the D we have been lacking as far back as I can remember.  

Our D is still absolute trash but he has been a bright spot.  We need generate more pressure, that is a fact.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Can you imagine if we would have moved on from him this offseason like so many on here were wanting?  Let's say that he would have ended up on the Bears, they would be a legit SB contender with Carr.  I'm very glad we were right about Carr, he is balling out and he is playing ball like I knew he would.  Top 5 in the AFC without a doubt, he's balling right now!

You are correct sir. I  was one who was calling for his head. I was wrong. he is playing great football. Just need to eliminate the fumbles

• Like 1

Also bad M.Collins. I wouldn’t have even know he played today if the camera man didnt show him randomly in the 2h. 

I can’t remember a bigger disappointment in a FA signing by the Raiders then him. I really had high hopes for him cause of the flashes he showed with the Cowboys 

26 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’m high on Johnson after this game. He looked the part... Kwit was clutch too 

Yeah NK is outplaying everyone on defense.  It was funny to see Taylor juke everyone.... until NK was there to save the 2PT Conversion.  He’s been solid in the passing and running game.  Unfortunately we haven’t been able to really let him loose on A-gap blitzes, where he could be a menace.

22 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The signing of Kwit has been one of our better signing that most people are not talking about.  Blue collar, lunch pail type who brings it game in and game out. 

He is smart and the anchor in the middle of the D we have been lacking as far back as I can remember.  

Our D is still absolute trash but he has been a bright spot.  We need generate more pressure, that is a fact.

I’ve said this a long time.... we need a speed rusher.  A DPR type that can be brought in on 3rd down and be let loose. 
The lack of pressure from the interior is embarrassing even for us.  Until that’s fixed there’s no point to a Speed rusher.  QBs can just step up in the pocket.   Pass rushing is a team game.... usually one guy causes the sack for the guy who gets the second best pressure.  On any given sack we really can only hope for one player to get a pressure unfortunately.

We need to seriously upgrade DT and get a DPR this offseason.