SNF NO @ TB

Sad People

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

Sure, but that doesn't change my point.  You can't just write this game off as "one of those days."  Bucs clearly have problems as a team.  And this isn't the first game it's happened - it just so happens to be they are playing a team that won't let them get away with it.

It ain't like they are just down by a little.  They are down by 31 points in the first half.  This isn't just a typical "one of those days" kind of game.

And like I said earlier, I really think it has a lot to do with Bruce Arians.  His offenses stall.  We've seen it in the past, we've seen it this season.  

I don't disagree that they're flawed but I just don't think it eliminates them from championship contention. Still a whole half season to play to improve. It's still Brady's first season there. Every team has flaws. I ain't ready to eliminate any teams (within reason here) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

So you think this is the true Bucs?

Is this not the Bucs?  Is this actually the Jets?  Pretty sure the uniforms and players are all signalling that it's the Buccaneers unless that's not actually Tom Brady but Sam Darnold out there.  Are they doing some kind of freaky friday type swap, only with the Jets still not being good?

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

I don't disagree that they're flawed but I just don't think it eliminates them from championship contention. Still a whole half season to play to improve. It's still Brady's first season there. Every team has flaws. I ain't ready to eliminate any teams (within reason here) 

Pretty much my feelings as well

• Like 1

So you think this is the true Bucs?

The true Bucs are 0-2 against the Saints this season. We have only had all our weapons on offense for 2 games this year...Both games against the Bucs. Sure the complete beat down is a bit of an anomaly, but the Saints being the better team doesn't seem to be an anomaly.

• Like 1

Has he had the chance to even look good though?

1 INT of a tipped pass that hit like three guys, and 2nd INT off a blown route by a WR in his first game.

I mean he isn't raising his game to overcome it like the greats sometimes do, but I don't there's a single Bucs player that has been a positive tonight.

Lavonte David has had a good first half.

Edited by MD4L

Just now, BearFromArgentina said:

Ok, enough talk about the Bucs offense. Why has the Bucs defense been so putrid? This is more surprising to me to be honest.

Bucs pass defense has been overachieving all season IMO, but I think the Saints have just called a fantastic game.  Not to mention the Bucs offense hasn't been able to sustain anything; Saints have had good field position all night as a result.  

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Is this not the Bucs?  Is this actually the Jets?  Pretty sure the uniforms and players are all signalling that it's the Buccaneers unless that's not actually Tom Brady but Sam Darnold out there.  Are they doing some kind of freaky friday type swap, only with the Jets still not being good?

lmao i missed this guy

1 minute ago, BearFromArgentina said:

Ok, enough talk about the Bucs offense. Why has the Bucs defense been so putrid? This is more surprising to me to be honest.

I mean, they’re playing Brees, MT, and Kamara. I think the Bucs D was overachieving a bit anyways. They’re good, but not best defense in the league good. Too much youth in the secondary.

• Like 1

Just now, Raves said:

Do you think the Bucs are as bad overall as they have been playing tonight?

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

The true Bucs are 0-2 against the Saints this season. We have only had all our weapons on offense for 2 games this year...Both games against the Bucs. Sure the complete beat down is a bit of an anomaly, but the Saints being the better team doesn't seem to be an anomaly.

I haven't seen anyone arguing that the Saints aren't the better team...I'm saying coming away from tonight thinking the Bucs are as bad as they look tonight is naive