SNF NO @ TB

Sad People

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The NFC is odd. Bucs make Packers look like High School team, Saints make Bucs look like high school team, Packers closely beat the Saints.

To top it off, if the season ended today the 3-4-1 Eagles would have the 4th seed in the playoffs.

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The NFC is odd. Bucs make Packers look like High School team, Saints make Bucs look like high school team, Packers closely beat the Saints.

I mean it's the NFL. Every new game is something different. And sometimes an issue that starts early in a game just snowballs and can't be reversed mid-game. It's like trying to reverse a freight train when it's already charging in one direction.

I think tonight's game highlights a reality that is tough for people to accept about the NFL, especially quarterbacks:

Brees and Brady are both old. Their physical skills have diminished some, and will continue to do so. However they still have a variety of other elite skills as they are both Hall of Fame quarterbacks who have seen anything and everything. They are both still capable of great games due to these skills, but are both prone to off games due to their physical drop off. Neither a bad game nor a good game should entirely surprise anybody, and over the 2nd half of the season and into the playoffs, we will surely see a few more of each from both of these guys. Neither of them are going to really be who they were 5 years ago, but their seasons will depend on if they can dig out a good or great performance at the right time.

47 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

To top it off, if the season ended today the 3-4-1 Eagles would have the 4th seed in the playoffs.

Wait to week 18 when they beat one of the before mentioned teams in the WC rd and people scream from rooftops about how unfair it is they have a home game.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Wait to week 18 when they beat one of the before mentioned teams in the WC rd and people scream from rooftops about how unfair it is they have a home game.

The 7-9 Seahawks in 2010 when they beat the 11-5 Saints at home all over again. 

13 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:
17 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

The 7-9 Seahawks in 2010 when they beat the 11-5 Saints at home all over again. 

7-8-1 2014 Panthers over Cards as well. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I think tonight's game highlights a reality that is tough for people to accept about the NFL, especially quarterbacks:

Brees and Brady are both old. Their physical skills have diminished some, and will continue to do so. However they still have a variety of other elite skills as they are both Hall of Fame quarterbacks who have seen anything and everything. They are both still capable of great games due to these skills, but are both prone to off games due to their physical drop off. Neither a bad game nor a good game should entirely surprise anybody, and over the 2nd half of the season and into the playoffs, we will surely see a few more of each from both of these guys. Neither of them are going to really be who they were 5 years ago, but their seasons will depend on if they can dig out a good or great performance at the right time.

I think many people expected an abrupt decline for these guys like the one that Peyton Manning had. But their decline will be more of a "hit and miss" and with significant volatility. Brees is suffering from a declining arm, and Brady's lack of mobility is hurting him more than ever. He just cannot make those little movements he did inside the pocket back in the day that allowed him to step into some throws and evade pressure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Unrealted post: @BearFromArgentina why don't you post in the Bears forum more often?  I'm just curious is all. I personally would like to hear your opinions on so called offense and other issues.

Yeah i should post more. To be honest, there are so many great posters in the Bears sub-forum that sometimes i feel there is not to much to add.

1 minute ago, BearFromArgentina said:

Yeah i should post more. To be honest, there are so many great posters in the Bears sub-forum that sometimes i feel there is not to much to add.

Everyone brings something different to the table, man. We all have different views and ideologies. That's ultimately what makes a community so great.

IMO, just by reading your posts every week in the general forum in GDT, I think you would be a welcomed addition and a bit of fresh air.