SNF NO @ TB

Sad People

I like how people are saying the division is wrapped up halfway into the season.  All the Bucs have to do is win one more game than the Saints.  Saints won’t go better than 12-4.  Losses to the Chiefs and prolly split with Atlanta.  It’s not hard to see the Saints at 11-5 or 10-6 even.

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Was honestly wondering: can you get beat like this and recover? Can a team ever look this bad AND have legit SB aspirations? I found my answer in 2008 Cardinals, they lost 7-47 to the Matt Cassell Patriots in week 16, but still turned it around and made a SB run. We've seen what the Bucs are capable of (thrashing of GB), so even though I highly doubt they get any home games as they look on pace for a 10-11 win season at best w/ their inconsistent play on both sides, there's no real juggernaut in football to think Bucs couldn't ride "any given Sunday" to a title. Obviously after watching tonight, the odds I'd give the Bucs of reaching the SB have dramatically dropped, but it's definitely not 0.

I think this is a game you just move on from. Even if there are schematic flaws that need to be examined, I don't know what info you can really gather from this performance where you just did not execute. Dominated in the trenches, Brady played bad, tackling was poor, miscommunications, everything that could go wrong...did. NO came out to play, and we've seen this quite a few times over the years, them bringing out their A+ game and just steamrolling decent competition (Indy last year comes to mind), although that's almost always in the dome. I would not be surprised at all to see them come out next week and fail to blow out the short handed 49ers as everyone will expect after what was the best performance of 2020.

I remember New England getting blown out opening day 31-0 at Buffalo, and then of course went on to win the Super Bowl. My 49ers got killed at home by the Eagles 40-8 in 1994 in the first few weeks of the season, and then were the best team in the league after that point winning it all. The NFL is so streaky even when it seems like all the stars should align. If I'm a Bucs fan, I wouldn't be too concerned about this loss. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'm convinced this season is f'd. Who is actually good?! 

As for TB, I was never convinced. Even when they were mid thrust into the Packers, I wasn't entirely sure they were any good. 

The Ravens are good. Only losses are to the Steelers and Chiefs, and only against the Chiefs did they look outclassed. 

9 hours ago, DannyB said:

I mean...can he REALLY though? I mean can he really play any of those positions well enough where it could be his speciality? I understand the benefit of having a guy who can move around and do different things that resemble those positions. The breadth of his skillset is certainly impressive, but I don't think it's completely accurate to say he can really play all of those positions.

I don't think Taysom could be a full-time QB but he's an above average QB and with his legs he gets a lot of cover zero looks which he can expose. He's definitely a big threat running the ball. He's actually been decent receiving the ball and he's one of the better ST players on the Saints. I'd say he can actually play all those positions, I think the fact that he can play all of them at at least an average level is his specialty. 

45 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don't think Taysom could be a full-time QB but he's an above average QB and with his legs he gets a lot of cover zero looks which he can expose. He's definitely a big threat running the ball. He's actually been decent receiving the ball and he's one of the better ST players on the Saints. I'd say he can actually play all those positions, I think the fact that he can play all of them at at least an average level is his specialty. 

So he couldn't be a full time QB, but he's above average at it? What does that mean, how can that be true? Unless you mean above average compared to, like, the entire population of humans on earth.

And I maintain that everything he does as a WR or RB is done with the knowledge that he could also be there QB, or whatever, and he doesn't have the full responsibilities that come along with the position. I promise you that if he suddenly became ONLY a RB, he'd be pretty meh at it. Hit a few holes that open up for him, but not much besides that.

I'm not saying he sucks or doesn't have a valuable role in an offense, i just want people to be honest and realistic with what his strengths are as a player, and what his limitations are.

29 minutes ago, DannyB said:

So he couldn't be a full time QB, but he's above average at it? What does that mean, how can that be true? Unless you mean above average compared to, like, the entire population of humans on earth.

And I maintain that everything he does as a WR or RB is done with the knowledge that he could also be there QB, or whatever, and he doesn't have the full responsibilities that come along with the position. I promise you that if he suddenly became ONLY a RB, he'd be pretty meh at it. Hit a few holes that open up for him, but not much besides that.

I'm not saying he sucks or doesn't have a valuable role in an offense, i just want people to be honest and realistic with what his strengths are as a player, and what his limitations are.

He's Tyrod Taylor at QB. You go 8-8 with him, thats what I mean. I mean at WR and TE being a QB doesn't really benefit him, I get the HB argument but at WR and TE it doesn't hold weight. 

Regardless,  Taysom is incredibly useful in his current role so I don't know why people care how good he'd be if he only stuck to one position.

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I remember New England getting blown out opening day 31-0 at Buffalo, and then of course went on to win the Super Bowl. My 49ers got killed at home by the Eagles 40-8 in 1994 in the first few weeks of the season, and then were the best team in the league after that point winning it all. The NFL is so streaky even when it seems like all the stars should align. If I'm a Bucs fan, I wouldn't be too concerned about this loss. 

Keep in mind that after the Patriots were blown out week one 31-0 they returned the favor and beat the Bills 31-0 week 17.

(This is for other post in the thread and not for the quoted post)

There have been several post about why people aren't/weren't yelling at Brady because he was playing poorly. I think the real question is why did Brady simply good to the sideline and not really say anything. With the Patriots it was not uncommon for Brady to takeout his frustration on receivers, lineman, and the occasional coach and no one ever really said much about it. Maybe it was because people didn't like the Patriots were happy to see their players being yelled at. But a few weeks ago in the Bears game when Brady yelled at Bucs players on the sideline the whole world was in an uproar. So has Tom Brady changed how he does things because he is in a place where people notice and say something about it?

7 minutes ago, jofos said:

Keep in mind that after the Patriots were blown out week one 31-0 they returned the favor and beat the Bills 31-0 week 17.

There have been several post about why people aren't/weren't yelling at Brady because he was playing poorly. I think the real question is why did Brady simply good to the sideline and not really say anything. With the Patriots it was not uncommon for Brady to takeout his frustration on receivers, lineman, and the occasional coach and no one ever really said much about it. Maybe it was because people didn't like the Patriots were happy to see their players being yelled at. But a few weeks ago in the Bears game when Brady yelled at Bucs players on the sideline the whole world was in an uproar. So has Tom Brady changed how he does things because he is in a place where people notice and say something about it?

Yeah I noticed that. Tom Brady got that 2015-2019 Aaron Rodgers attitude 

5 minutes ago, jofos said:

Nah, it because the Pats were Tom's team. Who's going to argue with the guy that brought them to 9 SB appearances and 6 SB wins? Tampa, though, is not Tom's team. He's respected for sure, but the loyalty doesn't go nearly as deep.

18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

There's some stat that shows it's really hard for a team to beat another team for a 3rd time in the season come playoff time.    Clearly TAM was going that route with their game last night.   😳

Saints did it to the Panthers a few seasons ago