SNF NO @ TB

Sad People

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I still think you're a better team though. Play 10 times this season, and I bet Saints win 6 or 7. 

That might be the case, but it shouldn’t be.  Saints defense has been atrocious all year.  Bucs have certainly played better defense over the course of the season.  

57 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

You must be fun at parties

I will be honest, I too have looked that bad but typically large quantities of alcohol and or banned NFL substances were involved. 

Never on purpose though. 🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

That might be the case, but it shouldn’t be.  Saints defense has been atrocious all year.  Bucs have certainly played better defense over the course of the season.  

No question...but the Saints have been better the past few weeks with Davenport getting back. He's a pretty important cog.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong Saints fans, but your DL must have a lot of power in the middle? It was another example of 'Brady not liking interior pressure'. It came. That might be because no Marpet as well though

Like was said, Davenport being back helps a ton.  

Consistent pressure beats Brees too, I’m sure it beats all pocket passers.  90% of the time, when we look like crap on offense, we’re getting beat in the trenches just like the Bucs did.  Everyone comes up with a bunch of excuses, but when you look great, you prolly won the trenches, and when you look bad, you probably lost the trenches.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Like was said, Davenport being back helps a ton.  

Consistent pressure beats Brees too, I’m sure it beats all pocket passers.  90% of the time, when we look like crap on offense, we’re getting beat in the trenches just like the Bucs did.  Everyone comes up with a bunch of excuses, but when you look great, you prolly won the trenches, and when you look bad, you probably lost the trenches.

Definitely. All about the trenches.

43 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

The Saints are #1 in the league at rushing yards given up...not surprising. But it is surprising that they are #8 at passing yards surrendered. 

The Bucs game helps the stats a lot, but we still give up the 9th highest passer rating.  We have fewer drives than most teams, but still have decent yards/drive given up.

35 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

The Bucs game helps the stats a lot, but we still give up the 9th highest passer rating.  We have fewer drives than most teams, but still have decent yards/drive given up.

I wasn’t trying to say that the Saints pass defense has been good this season...they were atrocious early in the season. But they have been significantly better the pass few weeks. I don’t know if it as simple as having Davenport back...but it has been a noticeable difference.