GDT: The fight for positioning! Will Dallas be Cooked?

buddy_z34

13 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

How is it possible to not understand the immense value associated with draft capital?

It’s a two way street. Right now our chances of winning this division and playing a playoff game seem more probable than getting a top 2 pick. There is immense value associated with draft capital but there is also immense value associated with your current roster playing well and winning games. There is immense value in building a winning culture among the youth. There is value in giving playoff experience to your players. Once you are in the playoffs anything can happen. We were supposed to get run over by the now 10-0 steelers, and the Vikings had won 3 straight before today. We nearly beat both of them with two different QBs. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

has this ever been shown to be true? It seems like teams are good or they are not. 

At basic level, humans get better at things with experience/repetition/practice. So more playing time should be beneficial. The young rookie WR getting his first start in an NFL playoff game is getting better. The rookie WR watching from home isn’t so much

Edited by DaBoys

I really feal that loss to Detroit in the playoffs had a huge effect on the Aikman Cowboys team the next playoffs.  This is a strange year. I am very concerned our young players like Lamb Gallup learn a winning attitude and I do see players like Coop and even Zeke to some extent play better if they think they are capable of winning.   I also want to see other players on D start getting used to “playing better”. Ie LVE Smith Wilson Awuzi etc. gaining confidence is huge and can carry over.  if those players start playing up to potential then by happenstance this team will start winning. The Team as a team needs to learn that mistakes are not the norm and except that working  hard each game in improving is the norm. I fully believe this was the teams culture in 2018. For what ever reason it went away in 2019 and has yet to return.  There is a confidence that goes with playing well and winning that confidence can help give improve effort on each play both in the physical and the mental. thus you make less mistakes and dominating the teams you should dominate.  I think this is more important then drafting  4th or 5th over 15th 16th.  But I  do agree with the concept that getting a top 5 level pick would be a huge help to this roster. Let us just sat that if things were different I.e 100% Dak was going to be available for playoffs then I would be all in emotionally in winning.  Right now I want us to win but don’t suffer  emotional loss like I normally would should we loose.  

I just realized did Gregory play today????   

Edited by quiller

But on that note:

I like the balance between Zeke and Pollard. They take a lot of pressure off the QB, no matter who it is. They make Dak lethal.

Ceedee Lamb is going to be so good. He's a future top 5 receiver in the league. Honestly, your entire draft class is so awesome.

Your offensive line is great. Our DL is bad but man they gave Dalton all day to throw. Highly impressed.

Your defense still needs work but its getting there.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Edited by SteelKing728

10 hours ago, DaBoys said:

It’s a two way street. Right now our chances of winning this division and playing a playoff game seem more probable than getting a top 2 pick. There is immense value associated with draft capital but there is also immense value associated with your current roster playing well and winning games. There is immense value in building a winning culture among the youth. There is value in giving playoff experience to your players. Once you are in the playoffs anything can happen. We were supposed to get run over by the now 10-0 steelers, and the Vikings had won 3 straight before today. We nearly beat both of them with two different QBs. 

As a fan base, cheering during the playoffs has been a rare experience for us. If we get to do that this year, I’ll be very happy.