GDT: The fight for positioning! Will Dallas be Cooked?

buddy_z34

I’m actually torn between Dalton and Gilbert.  I don’t know who gives a better chance to lose going forward.  There were definitely some things I didn’t like yesterday from Gilbert.  He could hit open receivers and did a fairly job running the ball.  Luckily Dallas went away from that when it proved to be effective early.  Of course, Gilbert also did some fantastic things such as turning the ball over when we’re about to put points on the board.

Dalton is tricky because I think he genuinely wants to win.  He did bring us to victory against the giants.  Obviously, that victory could cost us the #1 or 2 seed.  But I gotta say Dalton looked fantastic against redakins and Arizona.

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

I’m actually torn between Dalton and Gilbert.  I don’t know who gives a better chance to lose going forward.  There were definitely some things I didn’t like yesterday from Gilbert.  He could hit open receivers and did a fairly job running the ball.  Luckily Dallas went away from that when it proved to be effective early.  Of course, Gilbert also did some fantastic things such as turning the ball over when we’re about to put points on the board.

Dalton is tricky because I think he genuinely wants to win.  He did bring us to victory against the giants.  Obviously, that victory could cost us the #1 or 2 seed.  But I gotta say Dalton looked fantastic against redakins and Arizona.

Gilbert also has a gunslinger's mentality. While he doesn't have an overpowering arm, he still tries to put the ball into tight windows. His decision-making is pretty slow, too, where he goes through his progressions like he's playing in the XFL. He also showed moments that he is willing to throw the ball to anyone and everyone, regardless of jersey colour, to avoid a sack. These are excellent traits to have in a quarterback when thinking about the tank-a-thon.

Edited by TheStarStillShines

25 minutes ago, TheStarStillShines said:

Gilbert also has a gunslinger's mentality. While he doesn't have an overpowering arm, he still tries to put the ball into tight windows. His decision-making is pretty slow, too, where he goes through his progressions like he's playing in the XFL. He also showed moments that he is willing to throw the ball to anyone and everyone, regardless of jersey colour, to avoid a sack. These are excellent traits to have in a quarterback when thinking about the tank-a-thon.

Weak arm? Check

Gunslinger? Check

Careless with the ball? Check

Slow with progressions? Check

If he was only as mobile as Drew Bledsoe..

14 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Barely. He fumbled the first snap, lost our lead and played like trash save those two circus catches from Gallup. Dalton seems the most likely to help us tank.

Meh.... good snag? Yes. Circus catch? Not quite imo. The pass was placed well and hit Gallup right in the hands.

Circus catch is what Dez used to do in 2014. 

38 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Meh.... good snag? Yes. Circus catch? Not quite imo. The pass was placed well and hit Gallup right in the hands.

Circus catch is what Dez used to do in 2014. 

It’s pretty wild how 2 people can watch the exact same thing and come to completely different conclusions about it.

Maybe our definitions of circus catch is different. But the amount of body control and concentration for that catch was incredible. NextGen has it as a 15% chance of completion.

21 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

It’s pretty wild how 2 people can watch the exact same thing and come to completely different conclusions about it.

Maybe our definitions of circus catch is different. But the amount of body control and concentration for that catch was incredible. NextGen has it as a 15% chance of completion.

The pass was like 45 yards down field on the very edge of the sidelines, with decent coverage, that’s what lowers the % chance of completion. Doesn’t necessarily mean the WR has to make a circus catch every time the % drops below 20. 

Also, I wouldn’t say “two completely different conclusions.” I think it was a hell of a snag, and I said as much. I just don’t think it was a circus catch which implies acrobatics, and sometimes luck. The pass was in a decent enough location that Gallup didn’t have to do acrobatics. Still a great catch though.

MYo8.gif

giphy.gif

dezsick.gif

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

With the progress Hill showed before he went down and Gallimore seemingly emerging...I'm giddy about our interior moving forward. I still wouldn't hesitate to draft another DT and bring in a vet but...definitely more encouraged than I have been about that position in a long time.