Who are your top five MVP candidates right now?

patriotsheatyan

This current Saints/Bucs game should remove Brady, who didn’t deserve to be in there anyway, but I heard some in the media giving him consideration.

The actual race, in order:

Wilson

Mahomes

Rodgers

Kamara

Allen

In all honesty though, Kamara and Allen are WAY, WAY behind the top 3, and I only threw them in there to get to 5, as per thread specifications.

As for the top 3, they are separated by a razor thin margin. I expect this will be a MVP race that goes down to the wire in the final few weeks of the season.

Edited by Archimedes

1 hour ago, Archimedes said:

This current Saints/Bucs game should remove Brady, who didn’t deserve to be in there anyway, but I heard some in the media giving him consideration.

The actual race, in order:

Wilson

Mahomes

Rodgers

Kamara

Allen

In all honesty though, Kamara and Allen are WAY, WAY behind the top 3, and I only threw them in there to get to 5, as per thread specifications.

As for the top 3, they are separated by a razor thin margin. I expect this will be a MVP race that goes down to the wire in the final few weeks of the season.

I’d trade Kamara for Kyler, but beyond that my list would look similar. Kamara is balling out, but so is Murray... and he plays the more important position. In short, that’s my argument, but I also get Kamara being listed.

1. Rodgers
  2. Wilson
  3. Mahomes
  4. Allen (he's back baby!)
  5. Brady

HMs: Kyler, Carr

Cook is having a great year but I mean they are a losing team and he's a RB, he has 0 chance barring the Vikings winning 10 or so games and him hitting 2k. Should get OPOY consideration (which they should just change to best skill player...)

I'd go with :

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers

3. Wilson

4. Allen

5 . Murray

It's a QB award and there are a bunch of QBs playing at a pretty high level right now. I'd feel pretty confident saying Mahomes is #1 then Rodgers is #2 but there's still so much football left. I feel like it'll go to whoever has the best 2nd half of the season + team success. 

For a player like Kyler Murray it'll be tough because he won't win it unless the cards are a 11/12 win team and that looks tough sitting at 5-3.

7 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Not sure how Kamara is making these lists. He’s not even the most valuable player on his team.

Once you get past the big 3 of Mahomes, Wilson, and Rodgers, the gulf to the rest of the pack is so wide the other two names aren’t all that relevant. Beyond that, Brady has been mentioned as a serious MVP candidate all year. How you going to go in on Kamara as a bad candidate when Brady is a much worse one???