CRAZY UN-REALISTIC MOCK --------BASH AWAY

J_E_T_$

3 hours ago, Heymangold said:

Can I ask - there’s all this talk about Lawrence not wanting to play or come out for the Jets, why would Fields?

Jaguars are also mentioned, who I think might be a bigger dump of an organization, so why would Fields want to go there?

I mean I can see a player not wanting to go to Jacksonville, FL  mainly because that place sucks. 

12 hours ago, Heymangold said:

Can I ask - there’s all this talk about Lawrence not wanting to play or come out for the Jets, why would Fields?

Jaguars are also mentioned, who I think might be a bigger dump of an organization, so why would Fields want to go there?

jags havent fired their HC(2017 was his first true season as 2016 was his interim year) or GM(2013) not to mention they tend to give their 1st round picks Multiple chances to strut their stuff.

In reality the jags are hopefully Firing EVERYONE in the organization so there wouldnt be a bigger dump of an organization.    

On 11/9/2020 at 7:39 AM, The Gnat said:

That'd suck for the Vikings if the draft shook out that way. Kind of a no-mans-land position for them. I could see them going with an OG, but at Top 10 OG is questionable to me.

Shakes out perfectly for us as Zach Wilson is still on the board!

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 2:43 AM, FalconFan13 said:

5.Atlanta Falcons - LB - Micah Parsons - best LB for a terrible defense

Love the pick i think Parsons paired with Debo and Foye make one of the best LB cores in the nfl when all is said and done.   I also think our defense is alot better than given credit for Quinn was seriously holding them back imo.   Over the last 4 games since Quinn has been gone we are top 8 in PPG allowed at 22.2 ppg.  We have climbed from 31st under Quinn to 23rd now in just 4 games.   Still think we need a few more pieces on defense for sure but i don't think were as terrible as people think without quinn screwing things up still.

I would say 2 good round 2 picks or positions would be  the best elite coverage Safety you can find,  the best DE available to replace Takk

I don't think LB is the need on defense. Pass rusher is the need. Jones and Oluokun are playing exceptionally this year. I'd rather see the Falcons go with a John Abraham type to anchor the rush. Unfortunately, that looks like it won't be available. So the next best thing would be going after a corner to help out that part of the defense. Pat Surtain would be a nice addition and having him play RCB with Terrell at LCB and Sheffield in the slot could give the Falcons a much better grouping. Maybe even moving Oliver to FS to add some range and speed to the position.

4 critiques:

1. No Zach Wilson-QB in round 1? He's literally my QB2 right now AHEAD of Fields.

2. WAAAAAAAY too high on Lance-QB.... I'm not even convinced he's in the top 4 of the class right now, with how well Trask has been playing.

3. Very skeptical we get 2 RBs in the first round, even if I love Etienne as a prospect, and like Harris, I think we see Etienne drop in the latter third of the round at earliest, and Harris a 2nd rounder.

4. If Chicago leaves day 1 of the draft without a QB or an OL prospect, I'm pretty sure Bears fans are going to burn the city to the ground. I'm personally not even opposed to us getting Etienne (or another skill position player like you suggested, because I also don't think Robinson is here next year) and going heavy OL the rest of the draft if we somehow miss out on all the good QB prospects, but in your hypothetical Zach Wilson wasn't in the first round, when I'm literally desperately trying to trade up as Chicago if he's still on the board at pick 5 as I think Lawrence/Fields/Wilson are the only bonafide first rounders of this class.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, scar988 said:

I don't think LB is the need on defense. Pass rusher is the need. Jones and Oluokun are playing exceptionally this year. I'd rather see the Falcons go with a John Abraham type to anchor the rush. Unfortunately, that looks like it won't be available. So the next best thing would be going after a corner to help out that part of the defense. Pat Surtain would be a nice addition and having him play RCB with Terrell at LCB and Sheffield in the slot could give the Falcons a much better grouping. Maybe even moving Oliver to FS to add some range and speed to the position.

I personally hope we go back to a 3 LB scheme with the next regime instead of mostly just using those 2 all the time.   Hell for all we know we randomly bring in a 3-4 guy at DC as well and we need even more LB's than what im asking for.   I also feel we don't need another CB as much as you do.  I like the young talent we have there and if we get another CB i want it to be a vet. or to keep Denard.   Im quite alright with  Terrell, Denard, Sheffield, Oliver, and Blidi at CB we need a upgrade at Safety much more than CB imo.  I can't stand Kazee at Safety and have no interest at all with him being at FS and Rico's cool and very smart but his athleticism leaves alot to desire.  I think getting a top tier FS prospect would help our CB's out alot more and make them look even better.

If the Lions are picking in the top 10, I don't see Patricia and Quinn being back in Detroit. As a result, the new regime is going to take their pick of the litter at QB in either Lance, Zach Wilson or Kyle Trask (so far my personal favourite). 

However, they're sitting at #15 at the present time with a couple winnable games where they can back door their way into a playoff spot in the expanded playoff. If they manage to do that then the nightmare scenario of a 2021 Qunitricia season is likely upon us and the dynamic duo is best suited to upgrade the defense, especially the front 7. I'd go Dylan Moses, LB. 

On 11/13/2020 at 3:32 AM, FalconFan13 said:

I personally hope we go back to a 3 LB scheme with the next regime instead of mostly just using those 2 all the time.   Hell for all we know we randomly bring in a 3-4 guy at DC as well and we need even more LB's than what im asking for.   I also feel we don't need another CB as much as you do.  I like the young talent we have there and if we get another CB i want it to be a vet. or to keep Denard.   Im quite alright with  Terrell, Denard, Sheffield, Oliver, and Blidi at CB we need a upgrade at Safety much more than CB imo.  I can't stand Kazee at Safety and have no interest at all with him being at FS and Rico's cool and very smart but his athleticism leaves alot to desire.  I think getting a top tier FS prospect would help our CB's out alot more and make them look even better.

The Falcons already run a 3LB scheme. The thing is, the NFL is about nickel defenses now. That's not going away. Nickel is the way forward. I think re-signing Neal as the Big Nickel/SS makes a ton more sense than anything else for that LB spot. Mykal Walker has been doing well as a SLB too. 

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

The Falcons already run a 3LB scheme. The thing is, the NFL is about nickel defenses now. That's not going away. Nickel is the way forward. I think re-signing Neal as the Big Nickel/SS makes a ton more sense than anything else for that LB spot. Mykal Walker has been doing well as a SLB too. 

I was banging the table for the Neal move to LB all offseason but it didn't happen.  I will say Neal has finally started showing up more and more the healthier he gets and i love to see it.  You are starting to see much more of the old neal and debo under Raheem and ulbrich once Quinn is gone.   I 10000% agree with you on Walker as well the more he plays the more he is starting to shine i am liking what i am seeing.  Still wouldn't turn down a Parsons if he fell to us over some other players i like less than him as in the top 10 im more about getting the best talent than a need that might be a little more important.  After the top 10 i usually go for need then BPA at that need as i feel the talent there is alot closer than compared to the top 5 and 10 in most drafts.  I wouldn't be against Greg at DE over Micah but i would take Both Micah and Greg over Surtain at CB. 

5 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

I was banging the table for the Neal move to LB all offseason but it didn't happen.  I will say Neal has finally started showing up more and more the healthier he gets and i love to see it.  You are starting to see much more of the old neal and debo under Raheem and ulbrich once Quinn is gone.   I 10000% agree with you on Walker as well the more he plays the more he is starting to shine i am liking what i am seeing.  Still wouldn't turn down a Parsons if he fell to us over some other players i like less than him as in the top 10 im more about getting the best talent than a need that might be a little more important.  After the top 10 i usually go for need then BPA at that need as i feel the talent there is alot closer than compared to the top 5 and 10 in most drafts.  I wouldn't be against Greg at DE over Micah but i would take Both Micah and Greg over Surtain at CB. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see a late riser be a target for the Falcons. If they do bring in a guy who's a 3-4 type guy more than a 4-3 type guy, then Azeez Ojulari could be someone we see skyrocket up the boards. Falcons could go with Ojulari - Jones - Oluokun - Fowler as their main set and then run some 2-4-5 nickel with Ojulari and Walker or Ojulari and Fowler rushing off the ends.