Chase Young

RSkinGM

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

Now, now - no one has said BUST. I'm just disappointed .  I just wanted to hear others thoughts on this phenom ! I knew I'd take heat but that's fine . 

And I didn't say he was killing it. I used the word respectable, but apparently that has a vastly superior definition to you. (rookie years, J Bosa got 10.5, Nick got 9, Mack got 4, Garrett got 7, etc.). He's tracking fine based on that and I think his run D has been good. 

• Like 1

Just now, RSkinGM said:

I never said he ran at the combine .. He was very smart  !

You quoted a 4.94 40 time, which he ran in high school, then compared it to Montez Sweat's combine time of 4.41 time.  You're comparing a high school boy being clocked probably by hand by high school coaches, to a graduating from college man recorded by a professional sporting combine.  Its an absolutely terrible comparison.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

I think it's a valid criticism.  3.5 sacks in 7 games is disappointing for a guy that was allegedly a better prospect than the Bosa brothers.  He was invisible yesterday against a pretty bad Giants O-line.  And he went up against Andrew Thomas, another rookie that's had his share of struggles.

Hindsight is 20/20, but the WFT should have taken Herbert.  The Giants should have taken him too.  Neither team had the balls to move on to a new QB after just one year like Arizona did with Rosen / Murray.  Both teams will regret it.

No they shouldn’t have. Taking Chase was the right move. He’s been very good all year. The defense collectively played poor yesterday. It happens. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No they shouldn’t have. Taking Chase was the right move. He’s been very good all year. The defense collectively played poor yesterday. It happens. 

The defense played good enough to win.  Actually the team in general outplayed the Giants.  We lost because we turned the ball over 5 times.  

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

He's been respectable, he's been very good .

I was sure hoping for awesome, spectacular , stupendous etc etc . The Number 2 pick for gosh sake - Can't miss on that one .

We haven’t missed. What’s the issue? Myles Garrett was the first pick in the draft and it took him a season or so to hit double digit sacks. Pass rushers notoriously start off slow with their sack numbers. I think Jevon Kearse still holds the rookie sack number if that tells you anything. He narrowly missed having two sacks yesterday and the one led directly to Tim Settles sack. He was credited with a sack yesterday as well. 

45 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You're in denial.  As a Washington fan you should know how difficult it is to find a franchise QB.  And by the looks of it you let one slip right by.  Herbert is playing great by any standard, let alone rookie standards.  Even if Young had 8 sacks right now, you still take Herbert because a franchise QB is the most important piece to sustained NFL success.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

You're in denial.  As a Washington fan you should know how difficult it is to find a franchise QB.  And by the looks of it you let one slip right by.  Herbert is playing great by any standard, let alone rookie standards.  Even if Young had 8 sacks right now, you still take Herbert because a franchise QB is the most important piece to sustained NFL success.

You're right - but the timing was just off. We didn't have the balls like the Cardinals did either . 

9 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Dude come on. We never were taking Herbert. Nobody would’ve picked him at two. If anything we would’ve picked Tua so this whole argument is silly. It has nothing to do with denial. I’m not going to sit here and do the revisionist history thing and you shouldn’t either considering you were arguing with anyone and everyone that told you Jones sucked. Not to mention Herbert is surrounded with weapons in San Diego and that wouldn’t have happened here nor would he be playing in a system that highlights his strengths under Turner. Herbert went to the place he was supposed to go. 

18 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Thank you for your 1 game analysis on a rookie player.  

17 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Thank you for your 1 game analysis on a rookie player.  

This isn't one game analysis of a rookie player.  The bottom line is a franchise QB is more important than any other position in the league, regardless of how good they are.  The inability to admit that Herbert would have been a better choice is an example of the endowment effect. 

2 minutes ago, Gmen said:

This isn't one game analysis of a rookie player.  The bottom line is a franchise QB is more important than any other position in the league, regardless of how good they are.  The inability to admit that Herbert would have been a better choice is an example of the endowment effect. 

I don’t know what you want people to say? There’s not one team in the league that was taking Herbert over Young. This whole scenario is silly. It’s like bashing teams for passing on Watson, Wilson and Mahomes. I mean, two QBs were picked before Herbert so that’s what the league thought of him. It is what it is.