Chase Young

RSkinGM

17 minutes ago, Gmen said:

This isn't one game analysis of a rookie player.  The bottom line is a franchise QB is more important than any other position in the league, regardless of how good they are.  The inability to admit that Herbert would have been a better choice is an example of the endowment effect. 

I completely disagree with you.  A first round QB puts you on a 4-5 year window to compete for a Super Bowl.  After that you get stuck paying them a cap crippling amount of money that limits what you can do to compete.  What Washington needs to do is build up a competitive roster and then add a rookie QB to that situation.  We don't have that right now.  We should draft a first round QB in a few years when we are ready.  I disagree with you 100% that we should have taken Herbert over Chase Young.  

Chase Young is fine so far, Herbert might be special. If you knew what you know now, I’d probably take Herbert over Young, but I don’t think Young is a bad pick of all and think he could be a center piece of a team for years as well.

Herbert is nuts though, never would have guessed it going into the year but I’m absolutely a believer. He’s so poised.

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I completely disagree with you.  A first round QB puts you on a 4-5 year window to compete for a Super Bowl.  After that you get stuck paying them a cap crippling amount of money that limits what you can do to compete.  What Washington needs to do is build up a competitive roster and then add a rookie QB to that situation.  We don't have that right now.  We should draft a first round QB in a few years when we are ready.  I disagree with you 100% that we should have taken Herbert over Chase Young.  

I strongly disagree with this take.  I think teams should be aggressive in finding a good QB and offensive minded HC.  The years you wait are just wasted seasons.

22 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Chase Young is fine so far, Herbert might be special. If you knew what you know now, I’d probably take Herbert over Young, but I don’t think Young is a bad pick of all and think he could be a center piece of a team for years as well.

Herbert is nuts though, never would have guessed it going into the year but I’m absolutely a believer. He’s so poised.

Good post. Hindsight is hindsight. I would have taken Herbert knowing what I know now about him and about Dwayne. That said, I'm still optimistic as hell about my future with Young. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29939464/2020-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings

ESPN developed a "pass rush win rate" stat using player tracking data.  WFT is 24th in the league.

Using that same metric, they faced the 32nd best pass blocking teams in the league yesterday.

In general, you expect more from a D-line with 5 first round picks.

• Like 2

I don’t think I have too much of a problem with Chase as much as I think it’s completely embarrassing that we have faced the Giants Twice and not only had their QB looked the best against us but he doesn’t even let these guys get close. Then not only are we not close but their chunk yarding is to death!!! 

That said back to topic. Teams are clearly keying on Chase. That said honestly I’m completely not okay with where we are on defense at all. Sweat and Holecomb and Fuller and Payne!!! Those 4 flash and those four are also disruptive. Chase is being schemed out then scheme his *** back in. We have 5082573072 names on this defensive front and the only thing I see them do is put a guy on one side or the other. Stunt guys. Line Chase up on a short arm Guard. Do something, I’m completely disappointed at the lack of creativity with the mix and match options they have. 

Chase is a dog effort wise I give the man that, if it wasn’t for that I’d be heated. I think he really needs a break out game not only for the team but I feel like he’s in his head at this point. It’s like a hitter in baseball. I think when he gets home hopefully soon he’s going to explode

• Like 1

The hype on Chase Young was too much. Of course the team should have taken advantage of it and traded down but we just seem to pick the prospect that will sell the most jerseys. I think Chase will be fine, but will he ever be a superstar? Eh, we'll see. He never looked explosive to me on tape and it was concerning that he never worked out at the combine. Let's hope he takes a Montez-like leap in his second year.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, taylor made said:

The hype on Chase Young was too much. Of course the team should have taken advantage of it and traded down but we just seem to pick the prospect that will sell the most jerseys. I think Chase will be fine, but will he ever be a superstar? Eh, we'll see. He never looked explosive to me on tape and it was concerning that he never worked out at the combine. Let's hope he takes a Montez-like leap in his second year.

That’s often a QB

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gmen said:

I strongly disagree with this take.  I think teams should be aggressive in finding a good QB and offensive minded HC.  The years you wait are just wasted seasons.

That’s interesting, I seem to remember the main reason the Giants having two Super Bowls this century bc of their defensive line and how they dominated the Patriots OL in the Super Bowl and harassed Tom Brady.