Chase Young

RSkinGM

10 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Good lord.

Okay, so I've watched enough of these games and I've been focusing specifically on Chase when watching the defense.

He's getting doubles and triples pretty consistently, he's getting hits on the QB, he's blowing up run plays, and he's also pursuing down field to stop plays too.

3.5 sacks isn't amazing, but those will come in time. It isn't about just sacks. He also is tied for 22nd in tackles for loss, where there's a huge logjam of people who have the same or one more, and he's missed time.

He's also the only guy who has played in the 4-3 last year.  Allen, Payne and Kerrigan are unlearning a decade of 3-4 assignments and information, and that's all of the football like Payne and Allen know.  Sweat transitioned last year, so he has to unlearn all that he pancaked in last year to switch positions.  All of this done in an off-season shortened by Covid.  So yeah, I am not surprised that even our best unit is struggling to adapt.  But Young is there, and demanding the double teams, unlike the other first rounders on the line.  That should say something right there.  

• Like 2

On 11/10/2020 at 8:01 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Google about the Falcons wanting him. "Blockbuster trade deal" that wasnt accepted.

What do you think "Blockbuster" would consist of in picks?

https://clutchpoints.com/falcons-news-atlanta-tried-blockbuster-draft-trade-take-chase-young-no-2/

Let's call it 2020 1st, 2nd & 4th and 2021 1st & 3rd ... since teams saw what trading three consecutive first round picks did to Washington, that wasn't going to happen.

So, let's turn that into OT Austin Jackson, WR Chase Claypool, and LB Troy Dye.

Early returns on that deal would probably be somewhat good. Sure, Jackson's a backup in Miami, but Dye is a starter in Minnesota and Claypool is getting a lot of playing time in Pittsburgh.

Are those three (plus two players to be named later) worth the possibility of year-in, year-out QB killer? Because, outside of a tackle and a possible #2, the offense is still the same as it was: Haskins for four games, followed by Allen and Smith. Maybe they win a game more?

On 11/11/2020 at 6:46 PM, MikeT14 said:

Start learning to hit on 2nd rounders instead of guys like Sua, Anderson, etc and that’ll go far. 

Have to have 2nd rounders to be able to hit on them. Haven't had one since 2018 (Derrius Guice).

30 minutes ago, Woz said:

Let's call it 2020 1st, 2nd & 4th and 2021 1st & 3rd ... since teams saw what trading three consecutive first round picks did to Washington, that wasn't going to happen.

So, let's turn that into OT Austin Jackson, WR Chase Claypool, and LB Troy Dye.

Early returns on that deal would probably be somewhat good. Sure, Jackson's a backup in Miami, but Dye is a starter in Minnesota and Claypool is getting a lot of playing time in Pittsburgh.

Are those three (plus two players to be named later) worth the possibility of year-in, year-out QB killer? Because, outside of a tackle and a possible #2, the offense is still the same as it was: Haskins for four games, followed by Allen and Smith. Maybe they win a game more?

Thats Kerrigan as starter. Plus adding 3 needs. With 2 more to be added later. On top of our natural picks. Thats bringing in a load of talent to try out and fill holes with.

With the picks from previous years. The DL is still easily top 10. And Kerrigans role can be addressed in the future. I say for the long term its best building by bringing in as much talent as possible. Cause were not like most other teams. Theres a good 17 holes that need addressing here. OLmen getting a 0.2 grade in games and such. If the team was in better shape. Then add Chase and take the next step. But that step isnt afforded to this team due to the lack of talent spread throughout. A steady foundation is needed first.

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thats Kerrigan as starter. Plus adding 3 needs. With 2 more to be added later. On top of our natural picks. Thats bringing in a load of talent to try out and fill holes with.

Well, we know what their natural picks were. They've all been accounted for to date (Young, Gibson, and Curl are playing; Charles, Gandy-Golden, Ismael, Hudson, and Smith-Williams are not).

So, they' have a young left tackle (who might not have been starting since he isn't in Miami), a #2 receiver (yes!), and a linebacker who has to be better than the bums they have right now. This assumes they make good picks as opposed to dumb ones too.

Still, all said and done, it's just four extra players over two years.

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

Well, we know what their natural picks were. They've all been accounted for to date (Young, Gibson, and Curl are playing; Charles, Gandy-Golden, Ismael, Hudson, and Smith-Williams are not).

So, they' have a young left tackle (who might not have been starting since he isn't in Miami), a #2 receiver (yes!), and a linebacker who has to be better than the bums they have right now. This assumes they make good picks as opposed to dumb ones too.

Still, all said and done, it's just four extra players over two years.

I was saying before the draft. Just have to make a trade wisely. Needing a complete rebuild, Knew this team would most likely be picking top 10 this draft. And could tell the others doing so like Jax and others Chase mentioned as having heavy interest in him.

2 early first for this draft was going to be huge. Want a pass rusher. The best pass rusher in 2019 is sitting there in Rousseau, and qbs to be had. Have the extra picks, a qb and still have a shot at the top pass rusher.

There was no real urgency for selecting Chase as there was in just getting talent or going for a qb. Not while Kerrigan had a good 3 seasons left in him. Now he wants to go, and cant blame him. Getting nothing for him as he goes.

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I was saying before the draft. Just have to make a trade wisely. Needing a complete rebuild, Knew this team would most likely be picking top 10 this draft. And could tell the others doing so like Jax and others Chase mentioned as having heavy interest in him.

2 early first for this draft was going to be huge. Want a pass rusher. The best pass rusher in 2019 is sitting there in Rousseau, and qbs to be had. Have the extra picks, a qb and still have a shot at the top pass rusher.

There was no real urgency for selecting Chase as there was in just getting talent or going for a qb. Not while Kerrigan had a good 3 seasons left in him. Now he wants to go, and cant blame him. Getting nothing for him as he goes.

Ryan Kerrigan was bad last year. Kerrigan is getting older and he also needs to be re-signed. Drafting Chase was the right thing to do unless they were blown away by an offer which clearly didn’t happen. Trading the pick just to trade the pick also would’ve been silly. They’re going to pick high in this draft...they can always trade down this time and add picks like you wanted. 

So the Generational talent, The Predator finally got his name called and cost his 52 teammates a chance at a hard earned win ! Has to be the dumbest, stupidest, most selfish play I've ever seen .  Momma, you overscored this bum .. I think he's a D+ not C+ . This ain't OSU kid !!S

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

So the Generational talent, The Predator finally got his name called and cost his 52 teammates a chance at a hard earned win ! Has to be the dumbest, stupidest, most selfish play I've ever seen .  Momma, you overscored this bum .. I think he's a D+ not C+ . This ain't OSU kid !!S

Sigh. I hate being a fan of this team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Ryan Kerrigan was bad last year. Kerrigan is getting older and he also needs to be re-signed. Drafting Chase was the right thing to do unless they were blown away by an offer which clearly didn’t happen. Trading the pick just to trade the pick also would’ve been silly. They’re going to pick high in this draft...they can always trade down this time and add picks like you wanted. 

Like I said before the last draft. We make the move. And were in great position to nab Rousseau since you want a pass rusher. While having a wealth of picks.

Now. We could be sitting on the top pass rusher the NCAA had last year. And have to pass because weve spent 2-1st on the position already.

But were stuck with guys begging to lose games for draft position. Because the right thing wasnt done last off season.

6 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Like I said before the last draft. We make the move. And were in great position to nab Rousseau since you want a pass rusher. While having a wealth of picks.

Now. We could be sitting on the top pass rusher the NCAA had last year. And have to pass because weve spent 2-1st on the position already.

But were stuck with guys begging to lose games for draft position. Because the right thing wasnt done last off season.

What move? You keep making this move up that never existed and that’s the problem. You don’t just give the pick up to give it up. You still can’t come up with evidence of multiple first round pick offers. And why couldn’t that move be done this year? Why did we have to pass on Chase Young?