GDT: Titans (6-2) at Colts (5-3)

Mesa_Titan

I said getting Jackson back should change a good bit for the defense. Not be some revolutionary change that made them great or anything, but scheme wise it'd make a big difference. Just substitute Jackson for King. And now when we get Jackson back, having Butler/Jackson/King and hopefully Fulton soon as well(and if Borders is even half as good on a consistent basis as he was Sunday, he's a great 5th option) we'll actually be able to consistently play defense like we know what we're doing.

So I'm not worried about the coverage anymore, outside of if more injuries or whatever occur of course. The pass rush however will be a concern. We're not gonna get to face a JV offensive line each week like we did Sunday. Gonna have to get real creative to get pressure, especially with Clowney out. Simmons only matters so much when the o-line can just single him out and stone wall everyone else with 1 on 1 blocks.

If we can get to a point where we've got Simmons-Jones-Clowney-Landry-Brown-Evans-Butler-Jackson-King-Byard-Vaccaro on the field at the same time though, we can field a defense that plays at least at an average level, which should be all our team needs to keep winning games.

I still don't think most of this forum gave enough "credit" to just how bad everyone outside of Butler was at CB with the injuries to Jackson and Fulton. You could have an elite pass rush and it's not going to matter with what we were playing at CB.

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I said getting Jackson back should change a good bit for the defense. Not be some revolutionary change that made them great or anything, but scheme wise it'd make a big difference. Just substitute Jackson for King. And now when we get Jackson back, having Butler/Jackson/King and hopefully Fulton soon as well(and if Borders is even half as good on a consistent basis as he was Sunday, he's a great 5th option) we'll actually be able to consistently play defense like we know what we're doing.

So I'm not worried about the coverage anymore, outside of if more injuries or whatever occur of course. The pass rush however will be a concern. We're not gonna get to face a JV offensive line each week like we did Sunday. Gonna have to get real creative to get pressure, especially with Clowney out. Simmons only matters so much when the o-line can just single him out and stone wall everyone else with 1 on 1 blocks.

If we can get to a point where we've got Simmons-Jones-Clowney-Landry-Brown-Evans-Butler-Jackson-King-Byard-Vaccaro on the field at the same time though, we can field a defense that plays at least at an average level, which should be all our team needs to keep winning games.

I still don't think most of this forum gave enough "credit" to just how bad everyone outside of Butler was at CB with the injuries to Jackson and Fulton. You could have an elite pass rush and it's not going to matter with what we were playing at CB.

Been saying it all year. If we weren't so destroyed at CB we'd have a lot more sacks than we do now. Bit of a good thing that happened with exposing Beasley, though. We didn't need his cancer out there.

saffold’s injury not looking long-term is a big deal. a left side of sambrailo and jamil douglas would’ve been a mess.

with adoree at this point i’m just assuming he’s out every week until we hear otherwise. no point in anything else

14 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

This guy needs to toughen up and get out there we got a super bowl to win

Hard to say without knowing the injury. Adoree looks soft right now, at least in my eyes, but it is hard to say since we actually have no clue what is wrong with him. 

3 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

This guy needs to toughen up and get out there we got a super bowl to win

Yeah, go out there less than 100% and mess up the team and potentially his career, when his contract year is on the horizon. That seems smart.

Just look at last year when Ryan Succop came back prematurely from injury.

20 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Yeah, go out there less than 100% and mess up the team and potentially his career, when his contract year is on the horizon. That seems smart.

Just look at last year when Ryan Succop came back prematurely from injury.

Not playing all year because of some phantom injury we know nothing about seems like a dumb move in a contract year, IYAM.