GDT: Titans (6-2) at Colts (5-3)

Mesa_Titan

I don't think we win either of the next two games. I think Packers and Texans at the end of the year are losses as well. Jags game is probably a win. So basically we have to win the Lions and the Browns game to make the playoffs at 9-7. I think we go 1-1 in those games and miss the playoffs unfortunately. This team just has too many issues that have plagued us all year with zero improvement or changes from the coaching staff. Sucks we are probably gonna miss the playoffs with the most talented team we have had in a long time.

9 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

There isn't really a great team in the NFL this year. Kansas City doesn't look anything like they did last year, not consistently anyway. Pittsburgh needed a 2nd half comeback to beat a team starting something called a Garret Gilbert at QB, and if Gostkowski didn't suck, might have very well lost to us. Seattle has one of the worst defenses in NFL history. You guys are praising Buffalo's "bounce back" right now, failing to realize they barely beat the Jets and the Patriots, two bad teams, and much like our game vs them, only beat Seattle the way they did because of Seattle miscues, not because of grossly outplaying them. New Orleans seems to depend on which Drew Brees decides to show up that day. Packers went from looking like the best team in football over the first 5 weeks to now you have to wonder if they can even win a playoff game. The Rams looked good to start and now their offense looks anemic.

You can go on and on and on. The point I'm trying to make is no one is certain of what they are this year. Maybe we blow it down the stretch and barely make it in to the playoffs(or don't at all). Or maybe we go on another 5 game win streak over the next 5 weeks and you're all in here calling Vrabel coach of the year again like you guys did the first 5 weeks instead of hating his guts.

Just enjoy the fact that we've got football this year and stop trying to figure out what exactly this team is. Cause no one has any clue what any team is.

Good post!

When we were in the Covid jail, I was just appreciating we were playing. It was easier to feel that way 5-0. 
I know I was calling him coach of the year, because he was able to find ways to win, despite the problems, that still exist.  I wish we could fix the issues or our team.

And part of trying to figure out what the team is tho, is also trying to escape 2020 as we all know it. It is a welcome distraction. 

I feel no matter how this season plays out, it will have an asterisk next to it. Nothing about this season is normal. The draft, FA, team formation all of it.

The season will likely look a whole lot different at the end from where it is now. 
I'm not too down on the team, because it is 6-3, but I'm weirdly embarrassed as a fan to have a 5-0 start and now be 6-3. 

But yes in the end, thankfulness for something to watch and look forward to is a blessing in it's own right and not to be overlooked. 

42 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Not so much that we lost, it's how we lost and then also how we win. It's not where, man. We had a bad game and just write it off.

It's we have been having issues that have killed us or almost killed us all year. 
It's projecting the rest of the season based off what they are proving to be. 

Yeah we can maybe get back in the lead. But can this defense even step on the field with Kansas City? lol

If we projected the rest of season at this point last year it wouldn't have looked good but we made it to the afc chip. Idk the doom and gloom is a bit much for me 

12 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

If we projected the rest of season at this point last year it wouldn't have looked good but we made it to the afc chip. Idk the doom and gloom is a bit much for me 

5-5 last year after week 10.
Made the QB switch we were 3-1.  And just beat KC. 
We had a defense that could make stops.

This year, 6-3 after week 10. 1-3, just lost to Indy in an ugly way
Defense can't make stops. Only 2 home games left. 4 out of 7 games against teams with winning records.

We are in a better place, but it feels different. 
Gloom and Doom is a lot considering the landscape of the league.
However, optimism is understandably low considering what we have seen and trends with the team.

Reasons for optimism?
Get Adore back hopefully.
Get Humphries back hopefully
Get Kern back at some point hopefully. 
Get Evans off IR to add a different dynamic to the offense.
Wilson can maybe be active once and add some depth to the line.

Make a catch, make a block we likely are 7-2. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Defense can't make stops. Only 2 home games left. 4 out of 7 games against teams with winning records.

However, optimism is understandably low considering what we have seen and trends with the team.

Reasons for optimism?

Damn I forgot about Evans. What’s his status?

46 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Reasons for optimism?

Might get Fulton back soon too

The biggest failure of this team, is defense. 
Special Teams has had it's problem, but the defense is the biggest problem.

And it goes back to what most of us hated in the summer. Vrabel's decision not to hire a DC. 

We need to hire a Defensive Coordinator. If that is the hill he wants to die on, similar to Murlakey and Robiskie, so be it.

He NEEEDs a DC. Someone that is teaching it daily and calling the plays. 

Shane Bowden is coaching LB's then calling plays.  Both LBs and the Defense has suffered because of it. 

WE NEED A DC!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And it goes back to what most of us hated in the summer. Vrabel's decision not to hire a DC. 

We need to hire a Defensive Coordinator. If that is the hill he wants to die on, similar to Murlakey and Robiskie, so be it.

Shane Bowden is coaching LB's then calling plays.  Both LBs and the Defense has suffered because of it. 

WE NEED A DC!

I agree 

I don’t want Patricia or some other Patriots cast off

Find a DC that has a clue and get him in here 

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

WE NEED A DC!

Defense needs a focal point and a singular voice desperately 

won’t happen until the offseason tho

A lot of the defensive problems really are as simple as that. Players need to be better, but they aren’t being put in position to succeed.

For one obvious reason. Mike Vrabel is a bad defensive coordinator. He was a bad defensive coordinator in Houston. He’s a bad defensive coordinator here. He can also be a good head coach. When he’s not shooting himself in the foot repeatedly by being a bad defensive coordinator.

The only way to salvage the situation is to bring someone in that has been around for awhile that Vrabel respects enough to hand control over. I’d like to think he’s smart enough to recognize that, but the fact that he wanted to go into this season with Bowen makes me less certain.

if he’s so blinded by his weak spots that he isn’t willing to do what is necessary, we may have fired Mularkey just to hire Mularkey.

The obvious concern is that I don’t see how it is fixed this season. Massive schematic changes mid-season are rare. But bringing in an actual DC during a pandemic and letting them take control of the defense is borderline impossible. So here we are. Stuck.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, titans0021 said:

A lot of the defensive problems really are as simple as that. Players need to be better, but they aren’t being put in position to succeed.

For one obvious reason. Mike Vrabel is a bad defensive coordinator. He was a bad defensive coordinator in Houston. He’s a bad defensive coordinator here. He can also be a good head coach. When he’s not shooting himself in the foot repeatedly by being a bad defensive coordinator.

The only way to salvage the situation is to bring someone in that has been around for awhile that Vrabel respects enough to hand control over. I’d like to think he’s smart enough to recognize that, but the fact that he wanted to go into this season with Bowen makes me less certain.

if he’s so blinded by his weak spots that he isn’t willing to do what is necessary, we may have fired Mularkey just to hire Mularkey.

The obvious concern is that I don’t see how it is fixed this season. Massive schematic changes mid-season are rare. But bringing in an actual DC during a pandemic and letting them take control of the defense is borderline impossible. So here we are. Stuck.

I’m pretty sure Bowen is Vrabel’s BOY. And vrabel thinks he’s some kind of prodigy. I expect Bowen to be named dc this offseason. I’d prefer someone from the outside, tho, who has done it before