Week 10: VIKINGS (3-5) at Bears (5-4)

swede700

13 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Cordarrelle Patterson revenge game? He didn't seem too happy here in Minnesota from what I recall.

I'm not sure there's a revenge bone in his body.  I just think that being an actual receiver was never in his DNA, and that's what Zimmer & Co wanted him to be.  He is what he is, and that is a gadget guy.

• Like 1

I don't know how it will happen, but the Bears always seem to find a way to beat the Vikings at Soldier Field!  I hate it when the Vikings have to go to Chicago, especially playing in prime time!!

I guess I'm like most on this game . . . be wary.  I would love to see Cook put up good numbers again this week with another couple TDs, but I'd really like to see Theilen and Jefferson double the 100 mark and have some scores.  Offensively, the team is starting to feel like the Terrel Davis-Shannon Sharpe-Rod Smith-Ed McCaffery Broncos . . . yes, I did not compare one Kirk Cousins to one John Elway.  But ya know, Elway was the best 2nd place finisher in the NFL for 14 years before he had the team around him . . . which really happened with Gary Zimmerman and Neil Smith joining that team.  

Unless this defense turns into the No-Name-Purple-People-Eaters-Steel-Curtain-L.O.B., I have no doubt we'll lose two games we should win . . . ya know?  We'll string together 5 wins, get cocky and lose to the Jags, right?

IF, BIG IF, this defense continues on the current COVID trajectory (or whatever version of reporting is out there), the overall team could be damn tough the rest of the way.  For Grins, let's say by week 13, the Vikes are +5 in turnovers and top 10 in offense, and climbing the ranks defensively .  . . one would think that indicates they're winning.  This game will be a tough test of what mental make-up Zimmer's guys have.  Then, we'll see where we really are.  

In the meantime, pray they stay healthy, pound the rock and toss enough dimes to make life miserable for the Bears.  SKOL!

• Like 1

Cook has been great the last two weeks, but let's be honest, we haven't played against teams that are any good on defense.  That is not the case with the Chicago Bears.  Unfortunately, I think the Bears have the defense to stop Cook.  After that, we will be relying on Kirk Cousins on the road, in Chicago, with his gaudy 0-9 record on Monday Night Football.  This is a big one.  We need to win it to keep any playoff hopes alive.  It's going to be a tough game to win, but if we do, that might prove that we just might belong in the post season.

• Like 3

I have two thoughts on this game:

1. If the Vikings are going to sneak back into playoff contention (even if there ends up being 8 playoff teams per conference) this is a must win. Stealing a game against a division rival that is ahead of you would be huge. Especially when the other teams in front of Minnesota in the NFC playoff picture (49ers, Rams and Cardinals) all have tough games this week. If the Vikings were to win this game they could find themselves a game out of a playoff spot.
  2. I have no idea why the Vikings are favored in this game. This is a bad matchup for the Vikings, historically:
    1. The Vikings are 4-16 at Solider Field since 2000, with only the win in 2000 coming by more than a FG.
    2. Kirk Cousins is 0-9 in his career on MNF. If you want to discredit the games he played with Washington, he is 0-3 as a Viking.
    3. Mike Zimmer is 0-3 vs Matt Nagy as head coaches (yes, I'm discrediting the Week 17 game last year. The Vikings rested starters and still nearly won.)

Ultimately the only thing the Vikings have going for them here is that there will be no fans at Soldier field and the Chicago Bear injury report includes several key starters (mostly on the O-Line).