Week 10: VIKINGS (3-5) at Bears (5-4)

swede700

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Well what?  He proved that he is what is...a gadget guy.  He's not a receiver, he's not a runner.  There was nothing revengeful about it.  The only reason he was basically the primary runner is there was no Montgomery.    

He got his revenge. He got in our guys face all night. It was his revenge game!

6 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

He got his revenge. He got in our guys face all night. It was his revenge game!

I didn't see that as any sort of revenge...nor did he have anything to be vengeful against.  He has played against the Vikings each of the last 3 years, 1 with NE and this is the 2nd time with Chicago.

Edited by swede700

26 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Weird. I thought Dozier and Rudolph looked pretty bad. There was no push on the left side of the line. 

Rudy made the most of his receiving opportunities but he's clearly behind Smith in blocking. So is Conklin...by 10 miles.

Cleveland looked overmatched by Hicks but that's to be expected. He'll get better.

I'm disappointed in Olabisi Johnson this year. He had a golden opportunity to be a top 3 receiver again and did nothing with it.

I'm all for bringing Hollins back to the main roster. 

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I didn't see that as any sort of revenge...nor did he have anything to be vengeful against.  He played against the Vikings 2 years ago.

I remember in a magazine interview (ESPN?) where basically he felt like Minnesota never cared to give him a chance.

Granted, that's on him but I could see where the resentment is at.

Edit: Okay so maybe he's changed his tone:

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/12/bears-cordarrelle-patterson-talks-about-facing-off-against-the-vikings/

Edited by SteelKing728

14 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I remember in a magazine interview (ESPN?) where basically he felt like Minnesota never cared to give him a chance.

Granted, that's on him but I could see where the resentment is at.

Edit: Okay so maybe he's changed his tone:

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/12/bears-cordarrelle-patterson-talks-about-facing-off-against-the-vikings/

I think he initially was a little hurt because of some immaturity on his part.  Now that he's been 3 other places, maybe he has finally matured and realizes what it takes and there was no ill-will by Zimmer or the organization.  They wanted him to develop enough into a receiver so he could be more than just a gadget guy.  Now that he's almost 30, that time has passed and he is what he is.  

• Like 1

I love how fired up Zimmer gets on the sideline. Seeing him rip into the special teams coach, then seeing the special teams coach all fired up when they make a play. Awesome stuff. I was looking and saw how many picks you guys had this year and damn, it was a lot. Outside of Jefferson who else is looking the most promising this year? I have been reading that Gladney has not looked great.

so just to highlight how well of a job kirk and the offense did in the passing game: before yesterday the bears had only allowed three touchdowns to opposing receivers all season. thielen got two by himself.

before yesterday they had only allowed two receivers to get 100 yards in calvin ridley (110) and AJ brown (101). jefferson had 135. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

He needs to start. Holmes was a dud. We need to accept it. Not every 3rd-4th round defensive lineman works out for us. We've had great success with those picks but we need to move on.

Wonnum is the Right End with Mata'afa subbing in. Odenigbo is okay at LE for now.

Yeah Wonnum has played great but is great at pass rushing, needs to get better against the run and Holmes is better at the point of attack as of right now but sure that will change quickly.   

Mata'afa had his best game as a pro no doubt about it.  Sure Rashaad Coward on the Bears is awful and played really bad in that game, but still Mata'afa was outstanding getting pressure and showed real energy and quickness as a pass rusher.  Is wonderful for him, especially since he was cut and put on the Practice squad at one point this year, think if the Vikings lost him off of that move, would have been awful.  Kind of surprised he is not used more as a DT pass rusher on passing downs but was a little in that game.  Where has James Lynch been, has he been hurt these last two games, I have not seen him in there at all.  

And think if they had Kenny Willekes, would be just another promising young DL to use who plays with passion and intensity.

The D has been great and since they are without Holton Hill, Hughes, Dantzler and Harrison Hand that is wildly impressive.  Gladney has really played well and so has Boyd who looks very legit at times.  Chris Jones is a little bit of a weak link but hopefully they can get Hughes, Hand or Dantzler back soon.  With how they have looked Hill could easily be on his way out, Gladney in his short time is better than Holton Hill ever has been especially as a tackler.  Whatever they do with few corners on the roster, similar to the Saints playoff game last year.  They need to play like that more often, I love how they are mixing up the coverage and changing things up.  

Oddly enough Eric Wilson is better than Anthony Barr especially in terms of coverage.  Not sure what they will do with Barr since the NFL is going more 5 DBs on the field so that means two LBs and not sure Barr would be better out there than Wilson has been.  That will be hard to pay Eric Wilson next year, he is a legit starter in this league.  They might have to think about cutting Barr who was great years back but is simply not good enough in coverage compared to Wilson.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

I love how fired up Zimmer gets on the sideline. Seeing him rip into the special teams coach, then seeing the special teams coach all fired up when they make a play. Awesome stuff. I was looking and saw how many picks you guys had this year and damn, it was a lot. Outside of Jefferson who else is looking the most promising this year? I have been reading that Gladney has not looked great.

Gladney has been okay. Dantzler has been tough to judge with the injuries, but he looks like he belongs. We are excited about D.J. Wonnum. He’s played pretty well in place of Hunter. 

Ezra Cleveland has also been a nice find at RG. 

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1