Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WindyCity

Reading the Tea Leaves

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If Pace gets to hire a 3rd HC I am going to become a Cardinals fan.

I believe it's more likely then him getting fired. Bears will finish just good enough for upper management to think they're close and that they don't need a complete overhaul. 

If I had to guess Pace would rather save his own *** then go down with the sinking ship that Nagy is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want essentially all picks to be used towards QB and OL. Don't waste it on Darnold or a turd. Say bye to AR. Spend late round picks on speed. I guess I don't care if Pace, Nagy or someone new does it.

Gotta realize we're gonna lose "value" on a trade, but you gotta do it for a QB. My question becomes, do you let them sit or do you put them in right away? Do they compete with Foles if he's still here?

If Nagy doesn't give up control, he's making TV uncomfortable to watch. He looks clueless and it just sucks to watch for 3 hours every Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

If Pace gets to hire a 3rd HC I am going to become a Cardinals fan.

I'll be jumping on the Chiefs bandwagon.

 

1 hour ago, The_Romen said:

I want essentially all picks to be used towards QB and OL. Don't waste it on Darnold or a turd. Say bye to AR. Spend late round picks on speed. I guess I don't care if Pace, Nagy or someone new does it.

Gotta realize we're gonna lose "value" on a trade, but you gotta do it for a QB. My question becomes, do you let them sit or do you put them in right away? Do they compete with Foles if he's still here?

If Nagy doesn't give up control, he's making TV uncomfortable to watch. He looks clueless and it just sucks to watch for 3 hours every Sunday.

I'm ready to go full poacher and scalp other PS teams just to see if someone sticks. Some of the guys we have out there are not much better, if at all. You'll see a lot of people who suck something fierce but then you can drop them and scalp someone else for a chance.

 

Its going to be a long season and offseason. Bleh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm ready to go full poacher and scalp other PS teams just to see if someone sticks. Some of the guys we have out there are not much better, if at all. You'll see a lot of people who suck something fierce but then you can drop them and scalp someone else for a chance.

Pace should've been doing this the entire year. The fact he's done next to nothing is mind blowing.

They have highly rated OG they worked hard to keep him so he didn't go to Patriots... Don't play him. They have a DT they convert to OG... Play him. It's brain dead logic.

Edited by The_Romen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Pace should've been doing this the entire year. The fact he's done next to nothing is mind blowing.

They have highly rated OG they worked hard to keep him so he didn't go to Patriots... Don't play him. They have a DT they convert to OG... Play him. It's brain dead logic.

Pace deserves his fair share of criticism but deciding which players to play isn't one of them.

That's on Nagy and he's one of the worst coaches for that. Sometimes you wonder why certain players are playing over other guys when it's clearly obvious they shouldn't be 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They aren’t keeping Pace and firing Nagy. Nagy is going to cost like 12 million to fire. Pace likely costs less than 3.

They aren’t going to let Pace fire his HC the same year he lets his 2nd overall QB walk... and keep him around as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best guess is that the rest of the season is the tipping point.  A playoff berth-even with a quick and hopefully merciful elimination-means both Pace and Nagy remain.  Anything over 8-8 it seems likely they stay as well and get an excuse for Covid hurting the pre-decimated OL.  At 8-8 or under I think the the look of the team matters, if they lose and lose ugly, and players are embarassing the team I think they pull the trigger and fire both Pace and Nagy. 

Best case scenario for long term success is firing both, and saying goodbye to some of our favorite players, Robinson walks, and we trade expensive players for picks, which would mean hard goodybes at likely a loss for Hicks, Fuller, Jackson, Mack.  Oof.  Then hopefully it helps an offensive rebuild to bring along a new QB in 21. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

They aren’t keeping Pace and firing Nagy. Nagy is going to cost like 12 million to fire. Pace likely costs less than 3.

They aren’t going to let Pace fire his HC the same year he lets his 2nd overall QB walk... and keep him around as well.

12 million. Where are you getting that from?

And dude it's not as if they have never fired coaches before with years left on their contracts. Didn't they just do that with Fox, Trestman and Lovie?

You sound so sure on what they are going to do.

I guess that they will not want to go through another lengthy GM/ coaching hiring process in a pandemic year.

Edited by topwop1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Pace deserves his fair share of criticism but deciding which players to play isn't one of them.

That's on Nagy and he's one of the worst coaches for that. Sometimes you wonder why certain players are playing over other guys when it's clearly obvious they shouldn't be 

100% on Nagy. I just meant going out and getting guys for Nagy to at least try out is a Pace job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

100% on Nagy. I just meant going out and getting guys for Nagy to at least try out is a Pace job.

Reading through twitter the other day I saw a Bears reporter raise a good point. He mentioned that it's not as if the offense lacks talent at the skill positions with guys like ARob, Miller, Mooney, Kmet, Monty.

He then stated that Nagy isn't scheming these guys to get the ball but rather is instead forcing the QB to make reads based on coverages and sometimes has the wrong plays called ie. Man beaters vs zone coverage.

It just doesn't make much sense...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Reading through twitter the other day I saw a Bears reporter raise a good point. He mentioned that it's not as if the offense lacks talent at the skill positions with guys like ARob, Miller, Mooney, Kmet, Monty.

He then stated that Nagy isn't scheming these guys to get the ball but rather is instead forcing the QB to make reads based on coverages and sometimes has the wrong plays called ie. Man beaters vs zone coverage.

It just doesn't make much sense...

I saw that as well, one of the assistant coaches leaked it. I really have no words if that's what he's doing... It's just idiotic.

And I agree... I do think we have some offensive talent, it's just incredibly underutilized and gets screwed by abysmal OL play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the offense, guys. This is nothing new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, G08 said:

That's the offense, guys. This is nothing new.

Ya well it sucks and isn't working.  Is Nagy to dumb to realize this or is he going to continue to be a stubborn idiot and force something that's not there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Ya well it sucks and isn't working.  Is Nagy to dumb to realize this or is he going to continue to be a stubborn idiot and force something that's not there?

What's that? Didja say outside zone to Patterson? Or was is run a screen where the OL all block each other?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Ya well it sucks and isn't working.  Is Nagy to dumb to realize this or is he going to continue to be a stubborn idiot and force something that's not there?

Don't look at me, man... I want to do what SF/LA/TEN are doing. We have the ******* perfect QB for it rotting on the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...