Jump to content

2020 Week #10 GDT Steelers vs. Bengals


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

I can't be.  There's no reason at all to be expecting something like that there. It's border line bush league to do that.  Looks like Joey B is hurt too.  So 🤷‍♂️

To me, there’s no reason NOT to expect it, or at least prepare for it, there. 

I don’t care about field position, I don’t care about returning it, I dont care about blocking it...the only thing I care about is getting the football back and the only way to really blow that is to allow them to fake it. Hell, have all 11 guys in the line and don’t send anyone back after the ball is kicked and you get it back.

The fake is the one thing in the other teams control, and you failed to even consider it. That’s coaching problems. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

To me, there’s no reason NOT to expect it, or at least prepare for it, there. 

I don’t care about field position, I don’t care about returning it, I dont care about blocking it...the only thing I care about is getting the football back and the only way to really blow that is to allow them to fake it. Hell, have all 11 guys in the line and don’t send anyone back after the ball is kicked and you get it back.

The fake is the one thing in the other teams control, and you failed to even consider it. That’s coaching problems. 

I mean, I disagree.  Big time.  Like I said, borderline bush league to fake it down that much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I mean, I disagree.  Big time.  Like I said, borderline bush league to fake it down that much.

I’m not sure what it is you disagree with there? The idea of it being bush league or not doesn’t even enter my part of the conversation. They had one option to retain the football and they did it. Why wouldn’t you prepare for that in a situation where it doesn’t even matter if you have someone deep? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

I’m not sure what it is you disagree with there? The idea of it being bush league or not doesn’t even enter my part of the conversation. They had one option to retain the football and they did it. Why wouldn’t you prepare for that in a situation where it doesn’t even matter if you have someone deep? 

Being upset with Danny Smith over something as silly as a team down 30 with 0 chance of coming back assuming that they would run a fake. 999,999/1,000,000 times they just punt.  I have had less than 0 respect for the Bengals for a long time and this cements their lack of class and just understanding you just give the ball back and get out healthy.  There's absolutely 0 reason Danny Smith should have figured to run a fake punt prevent in that situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Being upset with Danny Smith over something as silly as a team down 30 with 0 chance of coming back assuming that they would run a fake. 999,999/1,000,000 times they just punt.  I have had less than 0 respect for the Bengals for a long time and this cements their lack of class and just understanding you just give the ball back and get out healthy.  There's absolutely 0 reason Danny Smith should have figured  to run a fake punt prevent in that situation.

But there nothing else you need to do as a return squad. You can have all 11 player sit down after it’s punted and they have done their job.

Why you wouldn’t want to be ready for something they can happen is beyond me. Just because YOU don’t like it doesn’t mean it can’t happen. Prepare for the LONE thing that can hurt you - because nothing else mattered. There was only one outcome of that play the Bengals had control of - and they did it. Being mad at that in the NFL is like ordering a hot coffee and being mad you burn yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

By that logic you should never have a returner when up then.  I mean...like I said, can't be mad at the call from Smith being to just return as normal.  No you don't expect a fake punt when the team is down 30 with 7 minutes left.  It was silly and pointless from the Bengals to do so.

 

It feels like you need something to be upset about with a good game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

By that logic you should never have a returner when up then.  I mean...like I said, can't be mad at the call from Smith being to just return as normal.  No you don't expect a fake punt when the team is down 30 with 7 minutes left.  It was silly and pointless from the Bengals to do so.

 

It feels like you need something to be upset about with a good game.

Nah, I just think it’s childish to be mad about them doing it and the act tough like you need to make them pay. It’s an option to do that there (and I’m going to continue to point out it’s the only option they have that can hurt you!!!!). 

If you get mad at that man, just call the game. No further need to play any more football after that. Just walk away from the fame with 8 minutes left. Running any more plays at that point should make you angry. Could you imagine if they sent a blitz down 30?! Terrifying! 

This professional football. You don’t want someone to do something against you? Don’t let them do it. I’ll repeat myself one more time...when there is only one thing that beats you, prepare for it or don’t get mad when it happens. Be grown men. Handle your stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...