24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins on Sunday?

• Browns
    • Texans
    • Mike Bratz
    • Hornby
    • Kiwi
    • The Arizona State University Sun Devils football team

It is week 10!  We're coming off of the bye.  

It is time for the annual Brock Osweiler Bowl!

Unfortunately, the first question that we must ask is this.

Who might have the 'Rona?

Count Me In Hands Up GIF by Progressive

At this point are we thrilled to have Case Keenum as our backup....just in case?  Absolutely. 

case keenum sport GIF by The Ringer

Who is coming to town?  One of the biggest names in football.  

houston texans lol GIF by Gatorade

Who is better?  This guy is better!  

200.gif

Recently, the Texans were recently notified that they triggered a little known NFL rule, known as the Ted Stepien, I mean Bill O'Brien rule. 

The Texans won't be able to trade their first and 2nd round picks until 2052 if my calculations are correct.

50218976_126957478197.jpg1.gif

If they beat us by 60 points, they get to add an additional 7th Rd. draft pick, compliments of the NFL.  We can't let that happen.  We won't let that happen.

We're in the home stretch.  This is a game that we need to win in order to get the 2nd half off on the right track.

We've got some winnable down the stretch.  Let's not give a tinker's damn about week 11 and so on until we take care of this game. 

I've got to admit it......this game is giving me a... 

giphy.gif

just thinking about it.  Go ahead.  "Teller" we're in the

giphy.gif

Who ya got?

Discuss this thing already.

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

especially now that the O.T. thread got locked.

rocket power nicksplat GIF

jerry seinfeld agree GIF

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If I dont get half the votes I'm calling for a recount.

I'm actually VERY offended I am not a poll choice. I mean... Hello? Humbly stated, I am simply the GREATEST POSTER TO EVER EXIST, EVER. 

I'm not saying I'm the Batman of this Website... I'm just saying you've never seen Batman and I in the same room at the same time. Coincidence? I don't know, why don't you ask Batman himself? Oh yeah, that's right - Batman is sending your calls to Voicemail. Batman RETURNS my texts...

...you see how I covered that up? Now you REALLY don't know if I'm Batman or not - why would Batman return texts to HIMSELF!?. (that's right, I used three punctuations there). Heck, I could be JASON BATEMAN up in here for all you know? JASON BATEMAN with those JASON BOURNE skills, you're GUDDAM right!

I need to be a poll option. Get on that, STAT.

BatBateman has spoken, sucka...

• Like 1

This is an absolute MUST WIN for the Browns if they want to consider themselves a playoff contender. While the Texans are having a very down year, that passing game with Watson vs. our woefully inadequate/borderline historically awful secondary scares me.

I think we need 150-200 yards from the Chubb/Hunt combination to win, especially if Baker is a no go. Regardless, whoever our QB is needs to play turnover free football.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think we need 150-200 yards from the Chubb/Hunt combination to win, especially if Baker is a no go.

Nick Chubb is going to break Emmitt Smith's All Time rushing yards record by halftime...

At this point, I'm pretty convinced I could rush for 80 and a score on this defense.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Nick Chubb is going to break Emmitt Smith's All Time rushing yards record by halftime...

At this point, I'm pretty convinced I could rush for 80 and a score on this defense.

On paper, here are your key matchups/metrics:

1. The Texans Rush D is 32nd in the NFL giving up 159.5 yards per game on the ground compared to the Browns rushing for 150 yards per game (and with them rushing for 86 yards per game the last 3 games, it shows how good Nick Chubb is and how much their opponents have tried to sell out to stop this...it also shows how dominant they were on the ground their first 5 games this season).

Chubb is back this week, and reports say that he's close to 100%...so that's really bad news for Houston.

2. Houston is 6th in the NFL in passing yards per game and Cleveland is 24th in passing yards given up per game, which is probably only down because of how bad the Steelers beat them a few weeks ago and the fact that 9 days ago they played in a monsoon against the Raiders.

This is really bad news for Cleveland.

3. Houston is 23rd in the NFL in passing defense, and Cleveland is 29th in the NFL in passing offense.

This is somehow probably really bad news for both teams, albeit Cleveland at 29th in the NFL in passing is also an indicator of just how good they've been on the ground this year.

4. Turnover margin

Cleveland is 8th in the NFL in turnover margin/turnover margin per game at +4. The Texans are 26th at -4. Ironically, the Texans have actually only turned it over 9 times this season compared to the Browns 10 times, but the Browns defense, as bad as it's been, has been great at forcing turnovers, as the Browns are tied for 3rd in the NFL in takeaways, whereas the Texans are tied for last in the NFL with 5 takeaways.

This comes down to whether or not Baker Mayfield can take care of the football, assuming he clears the COVID list, and likely whether or not it's the Myles Garrett show like it has been...that Myles vs. Tunsil matchup will be critical, as well as our OT vs. the Texans DE.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm actually VERY offended I am not a poll choice. I mean... Hello? Humbly stated, I am simply the GREATEST POSTER TO EVER EXIST, EVER. 

I'm not saying I'm the Batman of this Website... I'm just saying you've never seen Batman and I in the same room at the same time. Coincidence? I don't know, why don't you ask Batman himself? Oh yeah, that's right - Batman is sending your calls to Voicemail. Batman RETURNS my texts...

...you see how I covered that up? Now you REALLY don't know if I'm Batman or not - why would Batman return texts to HIMSELF!?. (that's right, I used three punctuations there). Heck, I could be JASON BATEMAN up in here for all you know? JASON BATEMAN with those JASON BOURNE skills, you're GUDDAM right!

I need to be a poll option. Get on that, STAT.

BatBateman has spoken, sucka...

You may very well be the greatest poster to ever exist, ever (self-proclaimed of course), but that carries absolutely no sway here.  We've got a rock solid formula for our GDT polls, which only fluctuates from week to week mind you, but nonetheless, rock solid.

In fact, as voted upon by all of the FF members that use my computer, this GDT was described as

Daddy Long Legs Theatre GIF by thebarntheatre

I'm sorry, but were going to have to arrest the development of your BatBateman character, and send him for further training........in the Ozarks.  

• Like 1