• Browns
    • Texans
    • Mike Bratz
    • Hornby
    • Kiwi
    • The Arizona State University Sun Devils football team

17 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wasn’t able to watch anything until the last 5 minutes. How did baker look 

He missed a couple of throws, one would have been spectacular to landry deep. 

I thought he threw reasonably well with the wind, which stephanski called worse than vs the raiders. Overall it seems like he was on target most of the time, he had one huge miss to hunt.

Higgins wasn't getting open, the texans were onto his go fade route that worked well vs the bengals. We are going to need more dpj and hodge

He wasn't pressured much, and he never threw a ball that was close to being intercepted. 

I thought he had a B+ game.

Edited by Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

He missed a couple of throws, one would have been spectacular to landry deep. 

I thought he threw reasonably well with the wind, which stephanski called worse than vs the raiders. Overall it seems like he was on target most of the time, he had one huge miss to hunt.

Higgins wasn't getting open, the texans were onto his go fade route that worked well vs the bengals. We are going to need more dpj and hodge

He wasn't pressured much, and he never threw a ball that was close to being intercepted. 

I thought he had a B+ game.

Yeah thought he had a solid game for a game that was called poorly. Bakers best schemes are  the roll outs, boots, sprint outs, and etc and those were rarely called even tho the run gamE was working well

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Who cares about ugly, give me that win baby! Only stat that matters is a W. Gotta win and look great next week to gear up for the Titans and Ravens.

I rather see this team win ugly after all the ugly loses we have seen from Them over the years

• Like 1

I think that’s the kind of game you have to play ugly, if that makes sense. The weather was a disaster and the best thing we could have done given how well our defense was playing was ride their coattails to victory. Don’t let Baker turn the ball over. Grind it out. 

27 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah thought he had a solid game for a game that was called poorly. Bakers best schemes are  the roll outs, boots, sprint outs, and etc and those were rarely called even tho the run gamE was working well

They were onto our bootlegs early I thought. 

One problem is our top 2 recievers dont get much separation. 

Higgins killed the bengals a couple of times on go fade routes robbery coleman knew it was coming.

I thought Baker played a very smart game. His actual passing performance may have been towards the worst I have seen from him though. We survived it which is a credit to him and the team but he needs to limit his off days. I'd rather he do stupid stuff but be pinpoint because that is easier to fix, really didn't like his accuracy today.

Yeah the wind played a role I'm sure, Watson lucked into having a decent day he really could have had a stinker if he played against a competent secondary. A couple of his throws turned into hail marys in which the defense had a lot of time to make a play but never really got close.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wasn’t able to watch anything until the last 5 minutes. How did baker look 

Inaccurate, but didn't make mistakes when we had a couple between a really bad Tretter snap and boneheaded Landry taunting call that could have made all the difference in a low scoring game.  Also the wind was ridiculous and we ran the ball a ton which was smart but tedious.

16 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Him and Garrett always seem like the most freaky guys on the field whenever they're out there.  Watching Garrett chase Watson out of bounds was incredible.

That was one of the most impressive athletic plays I’ve ever seen from a defensive linemen.

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

That was one of the most impressive athletic plays I’ve ever seen from a defensive linemen.

For all the complaining about Garrett I am reading, he made a number of excellent plays.

Sacks = stats.

The play you referred to doesn't, but is just as good, imho.

I was most impressed with the ability of the D to contain Watson for the most part today. Mobile QBs have torn us up this season but they did a very good job of playing their lanes and keeping him in there. We need more play like that against the Ravens later this season.

Edited by pscottdai
  • Like 2