Falcons then Bengals then 49ers waive DE Takk McKinley

AFlaccoSeagulls

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I know he had been requesting trade the last couple seasons, but just cutting him makes little sense from the Falcons' perspective. 

Im leaning toward being a Cancer in the locker room.  He has been blasting the team on social media calling them clowns and talking trash about them.   With that said the dude is never healthy anyways so it's not like he was even contributing to the team on the field in the 1st place. 

• Like 2

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Refused to trade him but cut him right after. Interesting move. 

I honestly don't believe that refuse to trade him crap as one of our main beat writers called him out on that and said they heard nothing about it.   Theirs no way TD and company would have told takk if they were offered a pick for him much less tell him exactly what picks were offered. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

I honestly don't believe that refuse to trade him crap as one of our main beat writers called him out on that and said they heard nothing about it.   Theirs no way TD and company would have told takk if they were offered a pick for him much less tell him exactly what picks were offered. 

At the same time I can't help but believe the Falcons couldn't easily netted a late-rounder from someone so...

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

At the same time I can't help but believe the Falcons couldn't easily netted a late-rounder from someone so...

Can you trade someone thats injured though?   He has been out alot this season with injury and last year i believe they might have gotten an offer of a late round pick but not a 2nd round pick.  Theirs no way someone is giving us a 2nd rounder for an underperforming injury prone Takk.  If they offered a 6th last year thats believable but Quinn probably wanted to keep him to give him the best chance of staying and hoping he breaks out this year in quinns last year.

20 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I know he had been requesting trade the last couple seasons, but just cutting him makes little sense from the Falcons' perspective. 

Couldn't pass a physical at the deadline this year. Locker room cancer. Was actually motivated heading into this year because he liked Q. When Q got fired, he got all whiny and pissy apparently. Just a frustrating person to deal with from all reports. 

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Refused to trade him but cut him right after. Interesting move. 

Couldn't pass a physical for a trade at the deadline this year.

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

I thought he was going to be a good one coming out. He seemed super driven. 

Injuries took a toll on him.