Falcons then Bengals then 49ers waive DE Takk McKinley

AFlaccoSeagulls

17 hours ago, scar988 said:

Hes a loner in the locker room.  Has no friends on the team. Never took to anyone as a mentor. Never put the work in. Continually injured. Continually ignoring coaches. Off field stuff on Twitter was final straw. Not first straw. 

All of that is very familiar from UCLA, if you read the online postings of people who knew him from that program. It's the reason I wanted nothing to do with him with the Dolphins and posted that on Finheaven, although Charles Harris was even worse, from a sheer lack of ability standpoint.

McKinley with the draft day stunt had people praising him and rooting for him who didn't know a darn thing about him. He was the most misinterpreted draft personality since Robert Griffin, IMO. But Griffin will always be the all-timer. Anyone who followed his Baylor career knew he was nothing but a whiny me-first type, all the way from his freshman year forth

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

All of that is very familiar from UCLA, if you read the online postings of people who knew him from that program. It's the reason I wanted nothing to do with him with the Dolphins and posted that on Finheaven, although Charles Harris was even worse, from a sheer lack of ability standpoint.

McKinley with the draft day stunt had people praising him and rooting for him who didn't know a darn thing about him. He was the most misinterpreted draft personality since Robert Griffin, IMO. But Griffin will always be the all-timer. Anyone who followed his Baylor career knew he was nothing but a whiny me-first type, all the way from his freshman year forth

Harris has been surprisingly good here this year. which is what's weird.

Definitely saw flashes of what made him go in the first round. Just not consistent enough. Disappears from games. And also he's not afraid to share his opinion with the media/public and I think that on top of lack of productivity plus his request for a trade just set everything in motion. 

I wish him luck but damn I hope he doesn't turn into the Takk we thought he would be for another team. 

How were we unable to even secure a late round pick for him?

Edited by coors

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Dude failed his physical and is back on waivers. 

49ers are #12 on the waiver order (#11 when you remove Cincy, #10 when you remove Atlanta). So seems likely he'll end up in SF. We were the second highest waiver priority team the first time around after the Bengals. 

On 11/15/2020 at 12:33 AM, coors said:

How were we unable to even secure a late round pick for him?

On 11/15/2020 at 12:33 AM, coors said:

And also he's not afraid to share his opinion with the media/public and I think that on top of lack of productivity plus his request for a trade just set everything in motion. 

It was a waiting game for the other 31 teams. Takk was on his way out no matter what, and it isn't like his talent or production warranted giving up value.

Wait until he's cut, put in a waiver claim. If you lose out ...eh, nbd.