Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

This may be unpopular, but I feel like some of the huge trades that we have seen this year and last year (with 6 or 7 players being traded from each team at once, especially with no picks involved) are kind of league-killers if you actually want this league to be competitive each year. There's just no incentive for guys to keep more than the 5 or 6 players that they want to hold onto on their rosters, so there end up being some super unbalanced deals. 

26 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

This may be unpopular, but I feel like some of the huge trades that we have seen this year and last year (with 6 or 7 players being traded from each team at once, especially with no picks involved) are kind of league-killers if you actually want this league to be competitive each year. There's just no incentive for guys to keep more than the 5 or 6 players that they want to hold onto on their rosters, so there end up being some super unbalanced deals. 

Come at me bro. Jimenez is the next superstar and I had the players to fill the holes I made.

Im going back to back this year!

41 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

These kinds of trades have been going on since the first year of this league, so I don't think that is the issue. I'm not really sure how to fix this league. I think a start would be dropping down to 10-12 teams, but I know some people don't want to do that. Everyone seems to get excited about the draft and the start of the season, but after about the first month or so 4-6 teams always seem to either forget they are in a fantasy baseball league or just lose interest, then they come back and see they lost 2-3 weeks in a row because they didn't set their lineups and just say screw it.  

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

I don’t want to call anyone out but which unbalanced deals are you referring too?

I have some thoughts but all I’m going to say at this point is that we each view these players differently and we each have different holes to fill.

Ive talked to individuals and once I’ve heard why they’ve made a deal it usually makes sense.

Just as an example I recently turned down a deal (it was a good deal)because I have concerns about a single player, who happens to be very good, continuing at their current pace.

42 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Trade

LBC Dirtbags sends Clayton Kershaw

BigTaters sends Gleyber Torres.

Agreed.

I'm a fan of those big 'lopsided' trades. Players universally viewed as keepers are far, far more valuable than players that aren't. In order to acquire such a player, you either have to home-grow one or make one of those 'lopsided' trades during a lost season.

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Hasn’t been issue at all over decade 

3 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Agreed.

I'm a fan of those big 'lopsided' trades. Players universally viewed as keepers are far, far more valuable than players that aren't. In order to acquire such a player, you either have to home-grow one or make one of those 'lopsided' trades during a lost season.

Yup. Trying to acquire a top notch player has a large cost in players, picks, or both.

Archived