Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

5 hours ago, LION KING said:

We have a draft board to follow we can skip teams that are out its workable we just have to decide on who is coming back and who is getting deleted in the league.

We keep our 5 keepers as normal draft a new team with a ton of good players added if we drop to 12 teams we keep expand keepers to 7 next year easy!

I agree with needing to wait to expand the keeper number. I do think that adjusting the rosters would be fine to change this year if people were on board, however. 

Well, not to be an old poop, and I’m thinking out loud here but how does this affect the draft etc.

I understand we will just skip those that aren’t returning but some of us traded draft picks not expecting a big influx of top level players. 

Im fine with that but I’m not okay with expanding the number of keepers or rosters until we’ve had a few seasons to equalize the talent influx. 

5 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Well, not to be an old poop, and I’m thinking out loud here but how does this affect the draft etc.

I understand we will just skip those that aren’t returning but some of us traded draft picks not expecting a big influx of top level players. 

Im fine with that but I’m not okay with expanding the number of keepers or rosters until we’ve had a few seasons to equalize the talent influx. 

As someone that is totally unaffected by those trades, I still agree. We'd absolutely need to figure something out. I don't even think that the players from contracted teams can just really enter the regular draft pool... We almost need to have a separate draft with those players that everybody can participate in equally. Like, if we're killing 2 teams, maybe we take the consensus top 7 from each team to make 14 picks, and everybody gets one. IDC if the order is randomized or based on last seasons record, but it seems fair that people wouldn't get screwed for something this un-forseen.

I don't think the players they throw back in really change much at all, I was in sell mode pretty much the whole year just drafted well & lets be honest I had one pick in the first 9 rounds of the draft still loaded a good enough roster to win it all. I am protecting 5 , one is a prospect don't matter to me if I go into the draft and select one of the dropped teams players in the 1st round just means I don't get a STUD LIKE BEAZ or Boggearts seriously there is so much talent in the draft them throwing players back in effect nothing.

U could make the draft rounds 1-18 like we posted it but have a WAVIER DRAFT ORDER just use the REGULAR Draft order seeding where I won and have last pick & make it one round that gives every owner a top player dropped into the draft pool. The only thing we do is ADD 1 round making it  1-18 regular draft  & 1 wavier round added before draft U protect 5 from your roster drop the rest have a wavier round of the teams in the league still get it done now we have 6 keepers start the regular draft right afterwards get this league started.

DRAFT a WAVIER ROUND  first get it out of the way we have now 6 keepers instead of 5, easy as slice of Cherry pie. We should do this right away get everyone to drop and post in here there 5 keepers first then hold a wavier draft I post the officially draft order next lets get this done!

OKAY NEXT STEP IS EACH OWNER PLANNING ON STAYING POST YOUR 5 KEEPERS, Once were done with that lets start a new year bye having a 1 round wavier round.

Official draft order would be:

1. House of Spears
2. Mudhens
3. Saskatchewan Hello Theres
4. LBC Dirtbags
5. Herbie Hancocks
6. Bootleg Wombats
7. Erratic Gnats
8. Kramerica Interns
9. Rogue Squadron
10. Detroit Devastators
11. LOD
12. Ottawa Big Taters
13. Mad Heights
14. Badfish
15. G Money
16. Novi Wildcats

We just have to edit and skip owners that are out this year!  Sounds pretty simple. We all get 1 extra keeper taken heading into 2019 but we have to draft him in the wavier round.

I WILL POST MY 5 KEEPERS , I AM IN TO KICK ALL YOUR BUTTS AGAIN!

Once Slim post the new wavier order after all teams out are decided we can get started, please post your 5 keepers if you ready to roll and get this wavier draft done then we can decide on what day to start the regular draft and we will see who is staying once we start that wavier draft!

I really would hate to win Back to Back Hockey Championships then walk away a winner & do the same thing in Baseball you guys going to let me do that again ?

So what is happening?  We are not including the teams that drop out in the regular draft pool?  If we are picking from those teams I would say we need to do that first and do some type of lottery for them and have that draft prior to the real draft.

BTW, my keepers are:

2B Jose Altuve
3B Miguel Andjuar
SS Trey Turner
OF Aaron Judge
SP Jacob DeGrom

If we just lose the 2 teams then the only guys that wouldn't normally be in the draft would be Machado, Freeman and Goldy which I don't think is worth having a special draft for. The teams with the highest picks could use the extra help anyway. If we lose a couple more teams then it would probably be worth having a special draft.

Last year we started the draft on Feb. 27th and finished on Mar 17th so I think we have plenty of time to figure out what we want to do with league going forward.

Keepers as of now

Ronald Acuna Jr. - OF

Alex Bregman - SS,3B

Andrew Benintendi - OF

Shohei Ohtani, DH,SP

Gerrit Cole, SP

4 hours ago, davisblack said:

If we just lose the 2 teams then the only guys that wouldn't normally be in the draft would be Machado, Freeman and Goldy which I don't think is worth having a special draft for. The teams with the highest picks could use the extra help anyway. If we lose a couple more teams then it would probably be worth having a special draft.

Last year we started the draft on Feb. 27th and finished on Mar 17th so I think we have plenty of time to figure out what we want to do with league going forward.

Keepers as of now

Ronald Acuna Jr. - OF

Alex Bregman - SS,3B

Andrew Benintendi - OF

Shohei Ohtani, DH,SP

Gerrit Cole, SP

Are you suggesting the other 7 keepers on those two rosters aren’t valuable?

12 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Are you suggesting the other 7 keepers on those two rosters aren’t valuable?

No. I'm just saying outside of Machado, Freeman and Goldy the other keepers are pretty much on par with guys that don't quite make the cut for most teams, and would generally be drafted anywhere in the 1st/2nd round.

I just don't see it as a huge advantage in this particular case, but it's something we certainly should vote on.

As much as I'd love to have any of those guys, I'm fine with not getting any of them. My keepers are pretty set. I'd be picking #4 in that scenario anyway.

I do, however, think it's unfair to people (like DH) that traded picks away during this past season. It seems unfair to arbitrarily change the value of their picks after they've already traded them away.

I'm not ready to set my keepers yet.

Betts
Vlad
Correa
Mondesi
Torres
Severino

Archived