Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

Apologies for the delay on Sunday. Wasn't able to check the forum for the first time in a few weeks. I checked in the morning and wasn't OTC. Sllim had been messaging me on Facebook previously and LK typically does as well. I usually double check often, but didn't get the chance. Simple misunderstanding, but I'll take the blame for a lost Sunday. 

I don't think we need slots. I've always preferred them, but don't think they'll be necessary. 

Friendly Reminder. Please include the team name with the draft pick. As the draft drags on it's a lot easier to include correct spelling/team name when I update the draft board, as the names are less recognizable and what not. Thanks! 

I think the whole age, potential, and positional value went out the window when we went to 8 teams.

Usually I’m scouring deep sleeper, breakout rookies, or young players to monitor for call up.

Now it seems my entire team is in the top-150 this year and I’m not really doing much research.

Im slightly surprised by the Cano pick but it wasn’t terrible 

Rankings:

Trout (1)

Arenado (4)

Machado (13)

Soto (32)

Albies (60)

Jimenez (75)

Donaldson (79)

Shaw (80)

Aguilar (81)

Upton (97)

Haniger (98)

Posey (138)

Reyes (218) Criminally Underrated

Tatis Jr (#3 Prospect)

Cano gives me a starting 2nd baseman with Baez who floats now for 3 positions its one reason I won last season Baez ability to play all 3 spots when someone had a off day.

Getting a Solid starting 2nd baseman was a huge need for my team having Boggs & Story at SS,  Suarez at 3B it makes Baez the float player at SS, 2B or 3B

1 minute ago, TimeForChange said:

You have some players set for regression potentially as they are boom or bust. It will be interesting to see what your team does.

Every team you could say that about each and every player drafted could be Boom or Bust all can get injured. You have to base it off skill level and past performance otherwise your just gambling on the Unknown if your going with a younger player that has never done it before. 

You get 5 keepers to build around the rest of the team should all be proven players period.

Archived