Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

Rankings are nice for last year, I like ADP more its got everything figured into it. Each there own.

RIZZO 33.1

BAEZ 19.5

SUAREZ 61.2

Bogaerts 42.9

Story 27.3

CANO 97.2

Harper 15.5

Polanco 256.3  KEEPER

Rodgers 260.0 KEEPER

Castellanos 57.4

CaiN 59.2

PAXTON 57.1

Bumgarner 100.8

I am pretty sure my 5 Keepers have changed already ! @@

5 hours ago, TimeForChange said:

I think the whole age, potential, and positional value went out the window when we went to 8 teams.

Usually I’m scouring deep sleeper, breakout rookies, or young players to monitor for call up.

Now it seems my entire team is in the top-150 this year and I’m not really doing much research.

Im slightly surprised by the Cano pick but it wasn’t terrible 

I totally agree. I was one of the owners always on the prospect bandwagon in this league. I hit on a few, missed on a few, held on too long to some, and not long enough for others. But, it was more necessary to be able to identify, watch/track/scout prospects and determine when (year) and where (pick) to take them. Now, we don't have 16 teams keeping 5 players (80 Keepers). With only 8 teams and 40 keepers it really removes a lot of the prospect game. You'll probably always see a handful of top young talent drafted high and kept, but it's nowhere as hard to replace impact bats/arms. 

It'll be interesting to watch how different owners adapt to the changes and to see if one of us adapts better/faster than the others. It should (hopefully) bring the competitiveness back to the league. 

2 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I was for sure about to take Osuna. Solid pick X. I'm almost as happy with Vasquez, though, who I think is the last (preseason) elite option left.

Thanks. I was torn, but I try to trust my gut and just roll with it. I was on the fence between Osuna and another closer but went Osuna. I'm not sure how I feel about having 3 closers already (Hand, Osuna, Jansen), but I'm hoping I can plug them in and not think much about it this season.

Archived