Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

2 minutes ago, FootballPhreak said:

From this point on in the season I am going to have a ghost spot a la X w/Bichette. The spot represents Forrest Whitley SP, whom I emailed ESPN about and they said he will not be added until he makes his MLB debut. I am dropping Boyd to make his spot

That’s not how that works. In draft ok but in season it goes to waivers

1 minute ago, TimeForChange said:

That’s not how that works. In draft ok but in season it goes to waivers

We never made a rule for it, hence X was able to do it in draft. Perhaps we need to make one for this league now that the line has been crossed, but there is not one yet.

Booooooooo shady shady

To be fair, I felt the same way. I even remember waiting for a guy to clear waivers before out of fairness. But between ESPN slacking and that line having already been crossed...I am getting my guy. He stands a huge chance of becoming a keeper now that I traded Kluber and everyone is valuing SPs so high. Keeping him is cheaper than trading for him later

8 minutes ago, FootballPhreak said:

We never made a rule for it, hence X was able to do it in draft. Perhaps we need to make one for this league now that the line has been crossed, but there is not one yet.

When he pops up in the league I wouldn't be at all against someone adding him. I don't think that this is legitimate at all. In fact, I almost want to pick him up as soon as he's added just to prove a point. There's no rule that says that you CAN'T do it, but there's also absolutely nothing that says that you CAN. Can someone take the #1 overall pick in the amateur draft this year as soon as it happens? That's a super slippery slope. 

As for pitchers being undervalued, I think that it's because of the categories and roster makeup. Streaming is a very viable option to win the categories in which you accumulate stats to win, those being K, QS, and W. That's only 3/8, I know, but if you've already put together a really good hitting team, that's enough to tip the scales in your favor. A lot of leagues give you a "win" for each category that you take, which gives those other ones more meaning, but this is a "winner-take-all" league each week, which definitely changes things. 

I would like to see either another roster spot (maybe even for RP's) or an even higher innings minimum to help balance that out. 

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

When he pops up in the league I wouldn't be at all against someone adding him. I don't think that this is legitimate at all. In fact, I almost want to pick him up as soon as he's added just to prove a point. There's no rule that says that you CAN'T do it, but there's also absolutely nothing that says that you CAN. Can someone take the #1 overall pick in the amateur draft this year as soon as it happens? That's a super slippery slope. 

As for pitchers being undervalued, I think that it's because of the categories and roster makeup. Streaming is a very viable option to win the categories in which you accumulate stats to win, those being K, QS, and W. That's only 3/8, I know, but if you've already put together a really good hitting team, that's enough to tip the scales in your favor. A lot of leagues give you a "win" for each category that you take, which gives those other ones more meaning, but this is a "winner-take-all" league each week, which definitely changes things. 

I would like to see either another roster spot (maybe even for RP's) or an even higher innings minimum to help balance that out. 

I like the idea of raising Innings min. The slippery slope started when X drafted a guy. We are on it now though and there is no way we can allow one but not the other.  Allowing draft picks to take place of waiver order? That makes less sense than claiming an open roster spot for a guy.

6 minutes ago, TimeForChange said:

Please trade me Trout. You hosed whoever to get harper

Perspective is a crazy thing. I traded the #1 rated SP last year, a .300/100RBI 2B, and a 1rd pick (likely to be very high)for a single guy. I would say I overpaid.

3 minutes ago, FootballPhreak said:

Perspective is a crazy thing. I traded the #1 rated SP last year, a .300/100RBI 2B, and a 1rd pick (likely to be very high)for a single guy. I would say I overpaid.

An aging star pitcher and a good 2B for Harper. I’ll give you Gennett and Upton for him. 

An aging star pitcher and a good 2B for Harper. I’ll give you Gennett and Upton for him. 

Don't matter if he was 60yo, he was #1 last year and showing no signs of slowing down. I essentially gave 3 solid keepers+ for a single player. No matter how you spin it, that is alot

1 minute ago, FootballPhreak said:

Don't matter if he was 60yo, he was #1 last year and showing no signs of slowing down. I essentially gave 3 solid keepers+ for a single player. No matter how you spin it, that is alot

Just bustin your chops. Outside of one year Harper has a lot to prove. I hope the trade works out for both sides. I have Juan Soto. He’s the future of baseball 

Archived