Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

I’ve had two pitchers fall ill just before game time.

Ive had players scratched after I’ve set my lineup.

On top of that, rainouts and inconsistent play has me sitting in an underwhelming position for a Friday.

So the boys better bring the lumber this weekend if they’re going to salvage a win.

12 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Really Phreak?

You've benched your lineup?

So, because the league disagrees with you, the lineup is benched representing what?

Sounds like tanking, don't we have a rule about that?  Something like losing your first round pick or something. 

11 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Sounds like tanking, don't we have a rule about that?  Something like losing your first round pick or something. 

Dont think there was a rule put in place but it was discussed a lot.  

When it comes to integrity of the league etc some stuff can be voted on as it happens IMO.

This is one of those instances it could warrant a league vote on the fly for something that is not normal even though there has always been clear standard once draft is over everything else goes via waivers.

I genuinely thought Bichette would have been added to the system by now. Otherwise, I would have never drafted him. He may be added toward the end of the year, but at this point I doubt it. 

It’s a slippery slope allowing people to draft players that are so far out, let alone allowing waiver/FA claims on players. I can fully admit that I was mistaken on Bichette. 

Players have to hit the FA pool through the waiver process. There’s no way around it, or it wouldn’t be close to fair. It would be a mess, and I assume a lot of people would drop out of the league. I would. 

We should vote on whether or not to allow players to be drafted like Bichette was. We can vote on allowing Waiver/FA pickups on future players as well to settle the issue. 

If I could go back a few months I never would have done it. If we vote against allowing it, I’ll immediately drop the rights to Bichette and add a player from the FA pool. 

I’m going to make a post about the vote and @davisblack will help me track the results. 

League Vote

Issue 1: Allow people to draft players who are not yet in the system. This would apply to any player not in the FA pool when the pick is made. 

Vote - Yes/No

*If the league votes no, X immediately loses rights to Bo Bichette. 

Issue 2: Allow people to make waiver claims on players not yet in the system. This would apply to any player not yet in the system.

Vote - Yes/No

@davisblack will help me track the results. 

I'd go with:

Yes

No

However, integrity must be maintained, so for you to draft someone who isn't in the system yet, and if they aren't until point X, you have to leave the roster spot available for them, or if you fill it, you drop them.

Or just create a 3 person additional squad for each team and do a separate draft, while that player is in the minors and not in the system, it's tracked separately for each team. I've heard of leagues that have done that. Once they are added to the system the person who has them has the rights for them but doesn't need to add them to the roster, once the player goes to the majors, they are either added to the person's roster or are a free agent for anyone to pick up (and the person who lost the player from their minor league squad in either case). 

EDITED: I just read through the last couple of pages to see more context, and since we have active owners, I highly recommend (and maybe can be voted on sometime) that we do the minor league/not in system roster. An editable Google Spreadsheet would make it easy.  And if someone is called up, you have 48 hours to add them to your roster and drop someone else or they become a free agent.

6 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I'd go with:

Yes

No

However, integrity must be maintained, so for you to draft someone who isn't in the system yet, and if they aren't until point X, you have to leave the roster spot available for them, or if you fill it, you drop them.

Or just create a 3 person additional squad for each team and do a separate draft, while that player is in the minors and not in the system, it's tracked separately for each team. I've heard of leagues that have done that. Once they are added to the system the person who has them has the rights for them but doesn't need to add them to the roster, once the player goes to the majors, they are either added to the person's roster or are a free agent for anyone to pick up (and the person who lost the player from their minor league squad in either case). 

EDITED: I just read through the last couple of pages to see more context, and since we have active owners, I highly recommend (and maybe can be voted on sometime) that we do the minor league/not in system roster. An editable Google Spreadsheet would make it easy.  And if someone is called up, you have 48 hours to add them to your roster and drop someone else or they become a free agent.

We have discussed this in the past and I would be all for it but not everyone is.

Archived