Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

15 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Most Valuable Keeper

This is honestly a tie.  Both are doing amazing.

2B/3B- Ramirez

68 runs, 29 HR, 70 RBI, 57 BB, 20 SB and .302 avg

• 2018 League Ranks:
     • 1st in AL in HR (29)
     • 2nd in AL in RBI (70)
     • 5th in AL in R (68)
     • 4th in AL in BB (57)
     • 3rd in AL in SB (20)
     • 3rd in AL in SLG (.628)
     • 4th in AL in OPS (1.029)

SS- Lindor

85 runs, 25 HR, 62 RBI, 43 BB, 13 SB and .291 avg

• 2018 League Ranks:
     • 3rd in AL in HR (25)
     • 10th in AL in RBI (62)
     • 1st in AL in R (85)
     • 6th in AL in SLG (.562)
     • 7th in AL in OPS (.929)

I don't mean to question you, you Indian lover, but looking at the numbers between the two its really not even close to a tie... and I really like Lindor.

19 minutes ago, detroitlions72003 said:

I don't mean to question you, you Indian lover, but looking at the numbers between the two its really not even close to a tie... and I really like Lindor.

I looked at positional value a bit as well.

simply couldn’t pick one over other

There is still a lot of season left, but I'm going to have some interesting choices when it comes time to select keepers. 

I would say I only have two locked in Bregman and Benintendi.

Then I have to pick 3 from this group. 

Acuna - Will likely be kept, as I think he will be a very special player in a year or two. He has been off to a bit of a slow start, but the injury didn't help.

Ohtani - He is a very unique player who is fun to own, but the elbow is concerning especially since there really hasn't been much news and I value him more for the pitching. 

Hoskins - The second half will be a big test for him. If he can bring his average up a bit and end up with 30+ homers I will have a hard time letting him go. 

Devers - I really like this kid and value him higher than most, but I think he needs to show a little more in the 2nd half. If Bregman can keep his SS eligibility that will be more incentive to make  Devers a keeper. 

Bauer - It seemed like it took him a long time to figure things out, but now he is finally solidified as the top 10 SP that everyone thought he could be. He isn't as exciting as some of my young bats, but it would be hard not to keep him. 

Rendon - One of the most underrated players out there. His trouble with injuries early in his career seemed to sour many people on him, but he has put up consistently good number over the past couple years. He is a great emergency 5th keeper if something bad happens, but with Bregman and Devers at 3B I doubt I will keep him if everything goes to plan. 

Overall I love my young core of players and am excited to see them grow more in the second half. 

Just for fun who would you guys keep on my team if you had to choose right now?

I'd keep Bregman, Benintendi, Acuna, Hoskins and Ohtani.

Then I'd try to trade Ohtani with top 10 player value.

I also wouldn't listen to me about anything if I were you. I consistently like my keepers more than yours, but you're high in the running every year and have won more championships than me.

Id rather have Trout. He's consistently the best baseball player of all time. Jose Ramirez is streakier. I trust Trout more.

That being said, I was trying to trade for Jose Ramirez pretty aggressively during his extended slump to start the season. Detfan didn't even come close to biting.

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

I'd keep Bregman, Benintendi, Acuna, Hoskins and Ohtani.

Then I'd try to trade Ohtani with top 10 player value.

I also wouldn't listen to me about anything if I were you. I consistently like my keepers more than yours, but you're high in the running every year and have won more championships than me.

I made Ohtani available a couple weeks ago and didn't get a single PM. (he is still available)

I think we both have one championship, right? 

I'm consistently jealous of your keepers every year haha, but I think this will possibly be the first year that I love all my keepers whoever they may be. 

2 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Id rather have Trout. He's consistently the best baseball player of all time. Jose Ramirez is streakier. I trust Trout more.

That being said, I was trying to trade for Jose Ramirez pretty aggressively during his extended slump to start the season. Detfan didn't even come close to biting.

His numbers were just not meshing with a slump. He was unlucky a lot 

Ummmm yaaaa so apparently Josh Hader is pretty racist and homophobic. Some tweets came out that he sent a few years ago and he wasn’t that apologetic about them.

I would think he sees some type of consequence but I would not want to be in that Brewer locker room

If anyone has a keeper-level player that they’re interested in trading because they have too many, let me know. I have some extra picks next year that I may be willing to trade. 

I’m also willing to trade Charlie Blackmon or Jose Aubreu to someone that wants to win now. 

My keepers right now:

Max Scherzer

Gerrit Cole

Jose Berrios

Lance McCullers or Walker Buehler

Robinson Cano or Miguel Sano - whoever gets their stuff together. Both major disappointments this year. 

As you can see, I need keeper level bats so if anyone is looking to move one, let me know.

Archived