Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

ESPN is currently down and updating for the upcoming season. As frustrating as that is when we're trying to set our keepers, they seem to be a little ahead of schedule compared to the last couple years.

Once the league comes back up, I will set a couple deadlines. I would like to get all of the keepers set within a day or two of the league page coming back. Once that's done, I'll give you guys a week or two to make trades and prepare for the draft. I'll set a clear timetable when things get back up so there isn't any confusion. My ballpark guess is that we'll  start the draft on or around the 19th of February, but don't quote me on it.

*If you know your keepers for sure, feel free to post them here. Once you do, you're free to trade any of your keepers for keepers from another roster and/or picks from another roster. You may not trade players that you do not keep.

It also looks like we may need one replacement owner.

The last thing I want to do is replace 1King. He's been around forever, he's one of my favorite posters, and I was hoping he would come around with the season starting soon. Unfortunately we had to replace him in the football league, and it's looking like it will probably have to happen here as well.

I have had a hard time finding replacement owners in the past for this league, as I hold any interested posters to an extremely high standard when I try to replace someone, and the interest in joining a fantasy baseball league in the Lions forum has been surprisingly low in the past (mostly due to time and/or lack of knowledge).  We need more activity in the league, both setting lineups as well as to spark discussion on the forum. Everyone loves this league, or claims to, but activity has been dying as of late. We're going to need to turn that around this season. It's not easy to justify keeping fantasy threads in team forums, but we've been able to do so because this promotes so much activity. If we can't turn things around, we may be forced to consider moving on, but I hope that doesn't happen, so lets all try to make an effort to be more active this season on the forum.

** If you have any suggestions on who you would like to see added to the league, please shoot me a PM with your suggestion and a reason as to why and how you think they would improve the league. I'm open to ideas before I decide on someone, and we can't move forward until we find a replacement for 1King, or until he shows up (unlikely).

** Please keep all discussions on replacement ideas private, as I don't want to hurt any feelings or cause any drama.

**Announcement**

**I'm excited to announce that Diehard will be returning to take over 1King's roster as the sole owner going forward!

Once ESPN is back up, we will open the draft thread and begin the draft shortly after, depending on what day of the week it is. Stay tuned for an exact date.

Please have your keepers ready ASAP. There will be a day or two to finalize things, but we'll hope to get things rolling quickly

ESPN is right on track with the last few years.

We're going to eye February 23rd for the draft to start.

**There will be no time slots for the first round, but there will be for every round after that, and maybe for the first if people bog it down for too long.

Keepers will have 3 days to be set, so we need everyone to jump on board with the timeline so we can get things moving.

Archived