Other Games - Week 5

mcmurtry86

I trust Belichick's judgment but that Brissett for Dorsett deal is one I hated at the time and could look really bad in a few years when Dorsett is out of the league and Brissett is a top 25 QB in the NFL.

That INT in OT was really awful though

7 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Brissett had shown nothing, we had a need, and we got something instead of nothing.

In other news, leave it to the Jets to try to tank a season for a QB heavy top of the draft... only to win enough games to be mediocre enough to not get one.

Brissett showed "nothing"? He looked decent for a very raw rookie last year and his time in Indy shows that he clearly has a future in the league, at worst as a decent backup. Dorsett is a waiver wire quality player. I'm a big "In BB we trust" guy and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. But getting rid of a young QB with tools for a fringe NFL talent like Dorsett is questionable to me.

It's a good bet that Brissett will be in the league as a productive player much longer than Dorsett who I expect to wash out of the NFL by the end of 2019.

32 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

And if/when they get Sam Darnold and he turns into the next Peyton Manning, will you still think that?  Hyperbole, but I think there is value to slowly building up the team and then getting the QB so you don't have an Andrew Luck situation.  The Browns have a ton of draft capital and the ability to trade up for Darnald if they miss on him.  And regardless of their record, they have some decent pieces on that team.   Their OL is pretty good, DL is pretty good, RB is ok, and they have some solid players at LB/Secondary.   The issue is right now they have a black hole at WR and TE, and yes QB.

Could easily see them get Darnold, use their humongous cap space and load up on any of Watkins, Pryor, Gabriel, Decker, Davante, Landry, Bryant, Graham, Watson, Green + draft picks and then be a playoff team.  

Darnold might not even be in the draft. Not an expert on college or anything, but some of the guys in gen are saying he's borderline suck. Not to mention USC QBs always turn out to be trash. Sanchez, Leinart, Barkley etc

So yeah, maybe the Browns draft him. 

Just now, tonyto36 said:

You get the point of what I'm saying though right?  There are lots of ways for the Browns to add a QB.  There are also a lot of ways for the Browns to ruin a QB if he comes into a terrible NFL situation.  Ie.  Bortles, Luck, Bradford, etc.  Almost all the most successful QBs coming into the league come into a team with a decent OL and overall roster.  All the ones that flame out, usually have an awful OL that ruins their development.

Yeah, I get ya. Good OL is a QBs best friend. Why they've drafted Kizer, who wants to hold onto the ball until the next Ice Age, I'll never know. Making Thomas put up dud blocking efficiency stats. 

Archived