Around the NFL - Week 10

WizardHawk

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

TBH I dont really expect for us to land in the top 3 of the draft. We seem to be be improving at least incrementally as a team. We are going to screw up and win at least 1 more, imo. 

This isn’t the kind of positive thinking we need here, so simmer down and quit being a Richard

• Like 1

Jaguars remaining opponents have a combined record of 41-21.

Cowboys remaining opponents have a combined record of 23-39-2.

We’re going to need some really big contributions from Jaylon if we expect to pick before the Jaguars.

However, on the bright side, that does bode really well for us on the SOS tiebreakers. Of any team in the bottom half of the league, only WFT has a real chance to have a worse SOS. We are likely to have the best pick of any team with whatever our record ends up.

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Is it bad to hope for a couple of minor, nagging type injuries? Like a hammy for Coop, Gallimore, Dalton, Pollard, Martin...?

I would say, of every player on our roster, Neville Gallimore is probably the one I most want to avoid a nagging injury. The 2021 DT class is not good. We really need to know if NG can be the guy next year, or if we need to dump significant free agent resources into at 3T. Also, I think he will probably improve with experience by more than just about anyone else on the team. 

12 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Jaguars remaining opponents have a combined record of 41-21.

Cowboys remaining opponents have a combined record of 23-39-2.

We’re going to need some really big contributions from Jaylon if we expect to pick before the Jaguars.

However, on the bright side, that does bode really well for us on the SOS tiebreakers. Of any team in the bottom half of the league, only WFT has a real chance to have a worse SOS. We are likely to have the best pick of any team with whatever our record ends up.

What about the rest of the East? This is terrifying, we might still be in it for the division. 

Now that the charges against DeAndre Baker have been dropped because the plaintiff’s lawyer was just arrested for extortion, I’d sign him. He’d come on a modest deal, was a great talent at Georgia and a 1st round pick in 2019.

Do. It.

Edited by plan9misfit

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What about the rest of the East? This is terrifying, we might still be in it for the division. 

Not sure if you are asking about SOS tiebreaker for draft spot or division tiebreaker for making the playoffs. The latter has way too many permutations to answer, but here is the information on the former:

12 games are the same for the NFC East team, so in the event that they have equal final records (another 2 games that equal each other), the SOS then comes down to the 2 inter-division NFC games that are different:

Dallas
Atlanta & Minnesota
Current combined record: 6-11

Washington
Detroit & Carolina
Current combined record: 7-12

NYG
Chicago & Tampa Bay
Current combined record: 12-7

Philly
Green Bay & New Orleans
Current combined record: 14-4

So, Washington is the only really threat to jump us from an SOS standpoint. And no other bad team in the NFL is even close to having the poor SOS we do.

And yes, we are still in it for the division. Which is honestly terrifying and really not a good scenario for the Cowboys.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Not sure if you are asking about SOS tiebreaker for draft spot or division tiebreaker for making the playoffs. The latter has way too many permutations to answer, but here is the information on the former:

12 games are the same for the NFC East team, so in the event that they have equal final records (another 2 games that equal each other), the SOS then comes down to the 2 inter-division NFC games that are different:

Dallas
Atlanta & Minnesota
Current combined record: 6-11

Washington
Detroit & Carolina
Current combined record: 7-12

NYG
Chicago & Tampa Bay
Current combined record: 12-7

Philly
Green Bay & New Orleans
Current combined record: 14-4

So, Washington is the only really threat to jump us from an SOS standpoint. And no other bad team in the NFL is even close to having the poor SOS we do.

And yes, we are still in it for the division. Which is honestly terrifying and really not a good scenario for the Cowboys.

I meant the remaining games. Philly might go 0-5 the next 5 weeks....

7 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

God if we win the division I may be forced to resign from football fanhood. What an absolute travesty that would be. 

It would be hilarious in an awful way. But almost fitting for this franchise.

• Like 1