MNF- Patriots @ Jets

KingOfNewYork

Sadly my dream scenario was:

• Jets go 2-14
  • But with both wins against the Patriots
  • And we still get the #1 pick and draft Lawrence

We messed that up.

But hey, we can still hopefully get Lawrence. And we got some more playing time for some young guys and rookies. That'll have to do.

Side note: I do wonder how we'd have looked if we managed to have Perriman, Crowder, and Mims all available all year.

• Like 1

Our best game this season. Was nervous we'd win. But for once we did the right thing in the tank job. Really liked seeing the healthy group of WRs out there. That group unfortunately will win us a game or 2 if they stay healthy. For me thats whats been missing and the showed up in the 1st game they were all healthy. 

The difference to me wasn’t so much the receivers than it was the fact that the Pats defensive line and rush was terrible. If we face even a decent pass rush without Becton we are absolutely screwed. The Pats were abysmal last night and we found a way to lose. It was beautiful. If Becton is out against LAC, Joey Bosa is going to eat Chuma Edoga for lunch. I still don’t see wins on this schedule aside from week 17 due to the Pats just not being good at all. LAC, MIA, LVR, SEA, LAR, CLE are all in the hunt and will want to cash in on an easy win. The Chargers not so much but they should have more wins and are just better than us in every phase of the game. If we go into week 17 0-15 hopefully that top pick is locked up, if not...we better hope the Pats need a win or that’s going to be the week that screws us. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

That group unfortunately will win us a game or 2 if they stay healthy

That is a big if.  Mims seems to have overcome his hammys, but Crowder and Perriman are always banged up. Not to mention once Darnold is back, our deep ball passing game (what little there is) goes away.  Sam is inaccurate on deep passes and is afraid to hold the ball long enough for the route to develop.  But it was nice to see our starting WR on the field together for the first time.

57 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

The difference to me wasn’t so much the receivers than it was the fact that the Pats defensive line and rush was terrible. If we face even a decent pass rush without Becton we are absolutely screwed. The Pats were abysmal last night and we found a way to lose. It was beautiful. If Becton is out against LAC, Joey Bosa is going to eat Chuma Edoga for lunch. I still don’t see wins on this schedule aside from week 17 due to the Pats just not being good at all. LAC, MIA, LVR, SEA, LAR, CLE are all in the hunt and will want to cash in on an easy win. The Chargers not so much but they should have more wins and are just better than us in every phase of the game. If we go into week 17 0-15 hopefully that top pick is locked up, if not...we better hope the Pats need a win or that’s going to be the week that screws us. 

I hope we are 0-15 at the Pats and they need a win for a wild card spot and we beat them to still get the number 1 pick, avoid a 0-16 season and knock the Pats out of the playoffs. That is what I want. :)

2 hours ago, TheChad said:

Sadly my dream scenario was:

• Jets go 2-14
  • But with both wins against the Patriots
  • And we still get the #1 pick and draft Lawrence

We messed that up.

But hey, we can still hopefully get Lawrence. And we got some more playing time for some young guys and rookies. That'll have to do.

Side note: I do wonder how we'd have looked if we managed to have Perriman, Crowder, and Mims all available all year.

I believe losing to the Pats was more damaging to them than winning.  If the Jets had won or win both games against NE, it may push us out the Lawrence/Fields sweepstakes.  While NE moves up the board possibly able to get Lawrence/Fields.

If the draft were held today, NE would have pick 13 while the Jets get #1.  That is a major victory.  Both teams are going nowhere anyway.

I can't really say anything official because of how bad the Pat's roster looks. I seriously don't know where anyone came from. But have to give props to guys like Perriman and Langi . I was impressed.  The Pats got their wins from pure coaching.  They have a 0-16 roster under any other coach in the league. 

5 hours ago, xrade said:

That is a big if.  Mims seems to have overcome his hammys, but Crowder and Perriman are always banged up. Not to mention once Darnold is back, our deep ball passing game (what little there is) goes away.  Sam is inaccurate on deep passes and is afraid to hold the ball long enough for the route to develop.  But it was nice to see our starting WR on the field together for the first time.

Definitely nice to see those guys out there and they all complimented each other very well. The depth behind them(Smith, Smith, Berrios) is decent enough as well should all these guys stay healthy the rest of the way. If anything it'll be good for chemistry purposes going forward. 

6 hours ago, xrade said:

Yeah the thing too is....Crowder and Perriman have been hurt most of their careers. Relying on those guys to stau healthy now is kind of fools gold

Either way the key was New Englands front seven played horribly. I mean like jeff smith-braxton berrios as your starters at wr level of horrible. If theres even a remote pass rush we never make half of those plays. Amazing what a competent OL looks like.